• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Apparently they need a kickstand down prior to getting off

I used to ride (f800gs)up at work front and center every morning pitch the sidestand, kill engine and slide off in one suave motion....... until that day it didn't lock into place.... what a dumbass.
but that's about how i looked to my coworkers. Several said you need help piking your bike up? I said nope, no one needs to pay for this but me.

I used to ride (f800gs)up at work front and center every morning pitch the sidestand, kill engine and slide off in one suave motion....... until that day it didn't lock into place.... what a dumbass.
but that's about how i looked to my coworkers. Several said you need help piking your bike up? I said nope, no one needs to pay for this but me.
LOL
One year at Daytona bike week, I saw a drunk lean back against his bike on it’s sidestand, knocking it over, which precipitated a row of domino-like crashes. I think there were like 7 or 8 that went down.
I miss Bike Week.

You’re not alone…. back about 1980 I had a Honda 750 with windjammer and fiberglass side compartments…. being "Mr Cool" and coasting to a parking place in view of all, I heard what I thought was the the side stand "clunking" in place and began to dismount as the bike stopped…. about halfway off the bike, I realized it was the center stand that I had caught with my heal and it just "clunked" back to the "up position"…. but it was too late and all I could do was get outta the way…. had to rock the thing on the windjammer to get enough momentum to get the thing erect all while the rest of the guys watched in total amusement…. fortunately for me the bike fell over into some grass and not asphalt so no damage to the fiberglass….

There's nothing better than getting paid to look out the window....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You’re not alone…. back about 1980 I had a Honda 750 with windjammer and fiberglass side compartments…. being "Mr Cool" and coasting to a parking place in view of all, I heard what I thought was the the side stand "clunking" in place and began to dismount as the bike stopped…. about halfway off the bike, I realized it was the center stand that I had caught with my heal and it just "clunked" back to the "up position"…. but it was too late and all I could do was get outta the way…. had to rock the thing on the windjammer to get enough momentum to get the thing erect all while the rest of the guys watched in total amusement…. fortunately for me the bike fell over into some grass and not asphalt so no damage to the fiberglass….

There's nothing better than getting paid to look out the window....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Windjammer....i wanted one for my xjs650 special ll.

and lostchild lostchild have never done bike week. Never cared for the flat when riding always rode towards mtns instead ....but I reckon Daytona is pretty nice and entertaining-wiener eating contest, bikinis and coleslaw rasslin wise....

Windjammer....i wanted one for my xjs650 special ll.

and lostchild lostchild have never done bike week. Never cared for the flat when riding always rode towards mtns instead ....but I reckon Daytona is pretty nice and entertaining-wiener eating contest, bikinis and coleslaw rasslin wise....
Everyone who rides should experience it at least once.
It ranks up there with the most fun you can have with your clothes on…. Or, off, if you happen to hook up with the right gal groupie. At least it did back in the ‘70’s.

Last Bike Week was 1985 then it went to sheet.
Think the last one I went to was around ‘95, I’d had back surgery and had to get rid of my ponderously heavy Z1 Kaw with its badly placed centerstand. Rode down on a Kaw KZ440, I’d hide it around a corner before going into a bar.

Back
Top Bottom