• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Applying for my carry permit tomorrow!

Please be confidant that even though we disagree on a few things (45 :D) you and I are on the same page on all of the important stuff. In fact his first weapon, on my advise, was an XD in 40. Later, he chose to go with the 1911.

I have been training self defense skills for a long time and I do know what I'm doing. I'm not "Bubba" showing his buddy how to shoot a gun. Don't take me wrong, I'm not saying that's what you think. I just want to make sure it's not what you think.

I'm willing to get involved in some situations (defense of others) that some on here are not, but that is a personal choice that I do not push on my students.

I teach a very realistic and conservative approach to self defense and, just so you know where my priorities are, I still think the best self defense weapon on the market is a good pair of running shoes.

"Bear" (not to hijack too much) but I can tell you're not the stereotypical "trainer" who overestimates his ability to instruct others.
As a matter of fact, I can tell you ARE smart enough to recognize we all need to invest all of the time & energy we can to stay on top of the newest proven techniques while continuing to practice the older tried & true methods.

If you get the chance I would love to have you come & sit in on one of our classes to witness some innovations that we've been doing and to get some input from your viewpoint. We could probably both learn some from each other.

"sinac84", again, good luck to you & yours. It sounds like you are well on your way to finding a "carry" system that works for you & thats a big part of the battle... as well as developing the right mindset which it seems like you are also getting dialed in.

"sinac84", again, good luck to you & yours. It sounds like you are well on your way to finding a "carry" system that works for you & thats a big part of the battle... as well as developing the right mindset which it seems like you are also getting dialed in.

Thanks man. I've been cc'ing for over a month now and have a system down. Its pretty much what Bear does. It just works. Bear is a wealth of knowledge for a newbie like myself. Without him I'd probably still be scared at the sight of a gun. He is a huge stickler for safety, as we should all be. He really calls me out for doing something wrong. I learn best that way. Now, because of him working with me, I'm feel very confident that my weapons skill will only go up. We do alot of training together. After turkey season ends I'm sure we will be at the range every Saturday running drills and practicing.

Hey Bear, don't think I'm kissing your ass though! :caked:

Thanks man. I've been cc'ing for over a month now and have a system down. Its pretty much what Bear does. It just works. Bear is a wealth of knowledge for a newbie like myself. Without him I'd probably still be scared at the sight of a gun. He is a huge stickler for safety, as we should all be. He really calls me out for doing something wrong. I learn best that way. Now, because of him working with me, I'm feel very confident that my weapons skill will only go up. We do alot of training together. After turkey season ends I'm sure we will be at the range every Saturday running drills and practicing.

Hey Bear, don't think I'm kissing your ass though! :caked:

Knowing you that would have NEVER crossed my mind. LOL

18 days! Applied for it on the 14th. Came in the mail today, not too bad! Gwinnett County

I turned in my app on thursday, got it in the mail next Friday.....Gwinnett co., 80 bucks ....7 minutes at the main courthouse, and another 7 for fingerprinting, including the wait....nice and professional...i don't need one because of my other I'd, but t is nice to have....Glad you didn't have to wait weeks or months....congrats...

Back
Top Bottom