• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Applying for my carry permit tomorrow!

Do you disagree with that statement?

Do you have a problem you would like to discuss "Bear" ?

Bear and I go shooting all the time and we have had many discussions about the responsibilities of carrying. I look to him if I ever have questions about anything firearms.

He is simply saying that I'm responsible and have a great respect for guns and the handling of them. No need to start anything.

I thought he was being sarcastic.
My apologies to "bear".
It was a misunderstanding on my part.
It's great that you have an experienced mentor to train with.

Last edited:
Do you disagree with that statement?

Do you have a problem you would like to discuss "Bear" ?

Not at all. I'm just assuring you that he has had proper, ongoing training and we have discussed, at length, all the negative ramifications of ever having to use deadly force.

Edit: Oops, sorry. I just saw the exchange between you and sinac.

Last edited:
I tought he was being sarcastis. My apologies to "bear".
It was a misunderstanding on my part.
It's great that you have an experienced mentor to train with.

Yep, not just a mentor but a great friend as well. Now, if we could only do something about his turkey hunting....:roll:

Last edited:
Not at all. I'm just assuring you that he has had proper, ongoing training and we have discussed, at length, all the negative ramifications of ever having to use deadly force.

Edit: Oops, sorry. I just saw the exchange between you and sinac.

That's good of you to take the time to share your experience with other ccw's.

There is too much misinformation out there that at best will get good people thrown in jail due to ignorance & at worst could get them killed.

That's good of you to take the time to share your experience with other ccw's.

There is too much misinformation out there that at best will get good people thrown in jail due to ignorance & at worst could get them killed.

Please be confidant that even though we disagree on a few things (45 :D) you and I are on the same page on all of the important stuff. In fact his first weapon, on my advise, was an XD in 40. Later, he chose to go with the 1911.

I have been training self defense skills for a long time and I do know what I'm doing. I'm not "Bubba" showing his buddy how to shoot a gun. Don't take me wrong, I'm not saying that's what you think. I just want to make sure it's not what you think.

I'm willing to get involved in some situations (defense of others) that some on here are not, but that is a personal choice that I do not push on my students.

I teach a very realistic and conservative approach to self defense and, just so you know where my priorities are, I still think the best self defense weapon on the market is a good pair of running shoes.

Back
Top Bottom