Ar sbr

jba6511

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
53   0
Reaction score
I want to form 1 an AR. I currently have a PSA lower and a colt 6921. Which of these would you engrave or would you pick up something new? Also, for those with ARs that are SBR, what length did you initially decide on and why?

I would just go ahead and SBR both lowers since that is what you will end up doing in the long run anyway. :D

And my first AR SBR was 10.5" just because it was a factory LMT. Pick whatever length you plan to start with originally, but do not get too hung up on length since you can always swap uppers.

If I am going to SBR something it is a quality lower. PSA is out of the question for me. Also, SBR as much as you can afford before the regs change. Hopefully they do not.

I did a Daniel Defense Mk18 for my first SBR. Lower was from my M4V5 and I put a Daniel Defense Mk18 upper on it.

If I am going to SBR something it is a quality lower. PSA is out of the question for me. Also, SBR as much as you can afford before the regs change. Hopefully they do not.

I did a Daniel Defense Mk18 for my first SBR. Lower was from my M4V5 and I put a Daniel Defense Mk18 upper on it.

The last I checked, PSA lowers were made by Aero Precision, and they are good to go. Most forged lowers are made by a handful of companies like LMT, CMT, LAR, etc.

The main thing to worry about with lowers is to function test them before you SBR them. I would try a handful of different magazine brands to make sure they all drop free, and I would put some rounds down range. I would also go ahead and build the lower out to make sure you do not damage it in anyway such as making a trigger guard change for example.

I have a PSA lower in NFA jail right now, and I had no issues starting the process with it.

Ha! Always makes me laugh. My PSA and Delton lowers are just as good as my Noveske's. Same reason my wife spends $400 on a Coach purse when a target purse is just as good functionally.

Ha! Always makes me laugh. My PSA and Delton lowers are just as good as my Noveske's. Same reason my wife spends $400 on a Coach purse when a target purse is just as good functionally.

Coach bags are handmade using better materials and they hold up a lot longer. You aren't paying for functionality, you're paying for quality. Lowers are going to be pretty much the same hunk of metal across the board, the price difference could be from higher quality control or tighter tolerances. Thats not to say you can't or won't get a mint lower from PSA or Del-Ton, its just to say that out of 100 maybe 5-10 lowers won't be as good as your Noveske.

I actually SBR'd all my lowers BUT my 6920. I figured once SBR'd I could never sell it and if I need to sell something a Colt would bring more money than the others.

I actually SBR'd all my lowers BUT my 6920. I figured once SBR'd I could never sell it and if I need to sell something a Colt would bring more money than the others.

Yep 4 people I talked to before I sbr'd a lower told me they wished they would have used a cheap lower in case they wanted to sell something more valuble .So I used a dpms I had laying around ,and at night when we are shooting pigs in the dark you cant tell my dpms from their lmt .

Back
Top Bottom