• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR upper recommendations

For a good budget receiver set you would be hard pressed to beat the Aero M4e1. A lot of the pins are replaced with pins held in by springs, I also like the aggressive lines and they don't look like all the others. I bought two sets on a whim because of fit and finish.
Their sister company Ballistic Advantage guaranteed sub MOA groups on the barrels with the right ammo. I used Aero scope mounts, I have one rifle with the M4e1 set with one of their DA Hanson barrels that are supposed to be great barrels. So far I am totally happy with this little budget build. I mean if 900 dollars is budget. It feels like a higher priced rifle and everything works smoothly and I frankly can't see why they get bashed the way they do.
You can give them a try. Here is a pic of the M4E1 matched set. The come with a rubber band around the two boxes so they are truly a matched set.
apcs100177s-m4e1-threaded-receiver-set-black-1_1.jpg

For a good budget receiver set you would be hard pressed to beat the Aero M4e1. A lot of the pins are replaced with pins held in by springs, I also like the aggressive lines and they don't look like all the others. I bought two sets on a whim because of fit and finish.
Their sister company Ballistic Advantage guaranteed sub MOA groups on the barrels with the right ammo. I used Aero scope mounts, I have one rifle with the M4e1 set with one of their DA Hanson barrels that are supposed to be great barrels. So far I am totally happy with this little budget build. I mean if 900 dollars is budget. It feels like a higher priced rifle and everything works smoothly and I frankly can't see why they get bashed the way they do.
You can give them a try. Here is a pic of the M4E1 matched set. The come with a rubber band around the two boxes so they are truly a matched set.
I think I would listen to this guy^^^^
Create your budget and by accordingly....
I am happy with my $350 upper and I won't be going into battle anytime soon, I hope and if I do I'm probably not going to be carrying my AR. LOL

Do you think the typical pins without the Springs are a weak point?

I will put up the POF P415 Edge for consideration. Yes, pricey!!! But they do go one sale at 50% off...just say'in!!! I love mine and can't wait until the next sale

been happy with the combat armory stuff,their uppers are anchor harvey. shoot good,and priced for a duel build.
you could build a 556 and a 300blk upper for around 350 shipped for both...
2 uppers, i bcg,and 1 ch

Do you think the typical pins without the Springs are a weak point?
Not at all. The little detent pins for the bolt catch and for the rear take down pin and safety are what are threaded. It just makes assembly possible without a punch. There should be no weak points in those points on either set. It also has a threaded hole under the grip for a hex wrench bolt with a nylon button on the end incase you want to use the lower with a different manufacturers upper and there is a little play. It isn't needed with the matched upper as I said before the two parts fit perfectly. There are a lot of nice features on these sets. The build I did with one of my sets turned out real nice. I have a 500 dollar billet set and the fit and finish on the Aero set is just as nice. Over all a very nice set to start with. The goal with this set was to add the features and look of a billet set using forged pieces.

Back
Top Bottom