• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are multi-tools still a thing?

Pocket clip doesn't work for you?

I prefer the Sidekick because of the saw. Have a Wingman, but rarely ever use the scissors, so I don't carry it.

Nope, don't like pocket clips for a multi-tool. Scissors and screw drivers are most used for me

Carry the “wave” every day. I also feel naked without it. Never tried the “clip” version. I have to order extra nylon pouches as they will wear through, I think my current wave is on its 5th ? Pouch.
I don’t like the stiff leather ones.

Carry the “wave” every day. I also feel naked without it. Never tried the “clip” version. I have to order extra nylon pouches as they will wear through, I think my current wave is on its 5th ? Pouch.
I don’t like the stiff leather ones.

I went with kydex, those nylon ones are garbage.

I “lost” my Gerber Multi-tool at the county courthouse. I was attending a promotional ceremony after courtroom hours. I was on duty, in uniform, riding a fire truck with my crew, parked in plain sight of the front door. As we went through security, a sheriff’s deputy working the security desk stopped me and disarmed me of my havoc wreaking terror tool with pliers, screwdriver, fingernail file, corkscrew, bottle opener, and one inch folding blade. He asked his fellow deputy, “what do I do about this?” So I snatched the tool out of his hand and threw it in the trash bin. I said’ “there, now you have nothing to fret over. If you can’t trust a firefighter with a multi tool, you can’t trust anyone!” I then reminded him that I took the same damn oath to protect, serve, and uphold the constitution of these United States that he did and unless he planned on arresting me, I was going into the auditorium. He just stood there with a dopey look on his face and let me go through “disarmed”. Who knows the chaos I could have caused that night if not for his vigilance. 🙄

Now, in fairness, the tool was broken and needed to be replaced so I bought a brand new multi-tool and now have a stupid story about a window licking deputy who cannot think outside his policy book.

Leatherman all the way. I have some kind of SOG multitool that looked good in the package, but is wiggly and cheap feeling compared to any Leatherman that I have: Wave, Skeletool, Squirt, and Kick.

I have carried the same Leather Kick for the last 15 yrs, and still use it more days than i don't. I thought i lost it last year and luckily found one on ebay in new condition, so now i have a spare. I think i'm on my 4th case for it, lol. Very simple design and lightweight.

1712011870770.png

I have switched from single more tactical blades, to either Swiss Army knives or multitools and carry it in my pocket... My current faves that I carry most often are the Victorinox Spirit MX, or a Leatherman Arc. The Arc is completely one handed, and now carries a Magnacut main blade...

I preordered a new Roxon multitool that is a "design your own"... You order the chassis and then pick what tools you want, and you install or swap them around yourself...

Back
Top Bottom