• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Are Simple/cheap pickup trucks gone forever?

When I was younger I thought it was funny when my Dad told me the Custom Deluxe was actually the cheapest model you could.

I thought the base models like they sell to companies for employee use (usually white with black plastic trim) were significantly cheaper than the other packages.
EDIT: Thanks @Blue bio balls Fleet trucks are what I was thinking of.

I thought Enterprise car sales had about the best deals on lighlty used, low mileage baic trucks.
My wife works for Enterprise and they get a monthly listing of cars that will be available for purchase. They do have pretty decent deals if you keep your eyes out, but there are definitely variables to avoid. I'll have to ask her again what to look out for on Enterprise cars. One of the down sides is that they have a no haggle price policy, so the price you see is the price you pay...

I have seen midsize trucks UNDER 20K. And I have seen full size under 25k. These are two wheel drive. I don't see them going any cheaper. I think they are cheaper now than the prices you will see in five years.

F150 xlt is discounted right now I see from like 51 to 40k. But if you want the lariart your paying over 50k. (These were all 4x4 models).

I would like our federal government to Deregulate the auto industry.
Reduce crash safety standards.
Reduce gas mileage requirements.
Relax pollution controls, especially for secondary vehicles that get a limited amount of use each year.
Basically, tell Big Brother to mind his own flippin’ business let people buy whatever type of vehicle they want —whatever the free market will produce for them.

That means Suzuki Samurais can come back even though they’ll tip over during aggressive cornering of the highway. That means the jeep CJ series can be sold again despite their narrow wheelbase.
Deregulation would mean vehicles could have carbureted engines without computer control. We could have exposed door handles that increase a little bit of air resistance but are easier to grab.
Roofs could be taller; more head clearance so people could wear their cowboy hats inside the cab!

I have the 06 Dodge extended cab 4X4 truck. I sold the brides car due to her not being able to drive any more and I could not afford to pay her insurance. She has totaled every car I have purchased for her..When my engine dies, I will pay for a crate motor to be installed..I have decided to purchase a good used Wrangler with a low mileage I6 Automatic. After suggestions on here I decided on the I6 and 06 was the last year they made them. If the truck dies I will drive the Jeep until it is repaired. So I am on the hunt "Hint Hint".
The first new car we had was $2,600 off the show room floor of Buckhead Chrysler Ply. The first house was 22K, yes times have changed. Oh and the prices of new trucks unbelievable..

Back
Top Bottom