• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Around the house EDC…let’s See Em’

well....per that article..."broke glass" by that time, I would have my hands on one of my 8 guns that are on my main level(living level)....still no need to carry in my home....my choice, of course.....also, I would not carry in another's house....I find that to be insulting
I have never thought of it as being insulting. If I’m invited what I carry on a normal day just comes along with me. I conceal so I’m not flaunting anything. I don’t leave my gun in the car anymore than I remove the Bible app from my phone. I have no intent on shooting anyone in someone’s home anymore than I will force my religion or start quoting scripture. Each are close by if needed but most will never know. I also bring a pen and knife and a flashlight and stuff.

I'm supportive of what any one man feels the need to do in his own home. However, when that mans feelings are pushed to the point that they're basically insulting or shaming the opinions of someone else, well, that's where you lost me.

I have never thought of it as being insulting. If I’m invited what I carry on a normal day just comes along with me. I conceal so I’m not flaunting anything. I don’t leave my gun in the car anymore than I remove the Bible app from my phone. I have no intent on shooting anyone in someone’s home anymore than I will force my religion or start quoting scripture. Each are close by if needed but most will never know. I also bring a pen and knife and a flashlight and stuff.
I do not disagree with your comments.....not in the least....I also carry VERY concealed....I'm just stuck on that....I guess I do not go to others homes where I feel the need to carry...I realize that I'm unprotected, it's a choice I make..

I do not disagree with your comments.....not in the least....I also carry VERY concealed....I'm just stuck on that....I guess I do not go to others homes where I feel the need to carry...I realize that I'm unprotected, it's a choice I make..
I’m thankful for choices. To coin a phrase “you do you”. If we were all the same life would be boring. There are those who feel as if you are living in unnecessary risk and there are those who don’t know why anyone would carry anywhere. There are also those who stay at home instead of enjoying life because they can’t open carry a shotgun and are afraid they may wreck on the way. Life is about choices

Yeah. But. .. my father fought in combat in the VN war in 65-67. unfortunately had to kill many times to save his own life and the lives of others around him While serving his country in a war zone overseas.
but
When he came home he Never carried a gun on his person? Not inside or outside his house? (I know, hard to believe)
and yet. Somehow he survived?
He never owned a A.R. 15 or an assault rifle, or even an 12Ga assault shotgun... He didn’t even haveGuns hidden in strategic places all over his house? Nope.
He only owned 1 gun in his house for He and my Mothers protection. He had a Mdl 10 snub nose revolver in the top dresser drawer in his bedroom For the last 60 years of his life.
occasionally when he would let me I would get the snub nose out of his drawer cleaning and oil it and maybe change out the bullets every 5 to 10 years…

he died in 2018 at the age of 82..
Never once needing to “ Carry a gun“ inside his house or in his pajamas? (I know, hard to believe)

Edit: I do you recall him telling me he actually got it out of the drawer one night and creeped around his house in the dark because he had heard something,
He saw someone on his back porch and as he open the door and out onto the back porch w his .38?

It just about got him killed, because it was a police officer, searching for a “suspect”.. Who drew down on him yelling drop the gun drop the gun.…
And that Was it, …In 60 years and the only time he pulled out the gun it almost got him killed.

I’m going to leave this thread now. And you guys keep “carrying guns in your pajamas” , always on the ready.
but
I pray that we are all as fortunate as my father was, and never need a gun in 60 years to defend our homes. :pray:

Yeah. But. .. my father fought in combat in the VN war in 65-67. unfortunately had to kill many times to save his own life and the lives of others around him While serving his country in a war zone overseas.
but
When he came home he Never carried a gun on his person? Not inside or outside his house? (I know, hard to believe)
He never owned a A.R. 15 or an assault rifle, or even an 12Ga assault shotgun... He didn’t even haveGuns hidden in strategic places all over his house? Nope.
He only owned 1 gun in his house for He and my Mothers protection. He had a Mdl 10 snub nose revolver in the top dresser drawer in his bedroom For the last 60 years of his life.
occasionally when he would let me I would get the snub nose out of his drawer cleaning and oil it and maybe change out the bullets every 5 to 10 years…

Never once needing to “ Carry a gun“ inside his house or in his pajamas? (I know, hard to believe)

Edit: I do you recall him telling me he actually got it out of the drawer one night and creeped around his house in the dark because he had heard something,
He saw someone on his back porch and as he open the door and out onto the back porch w his .38?

It just about got him killed, because it was a police officer, searching for a “suspect”.. Who drew down on him yelling drop the gun drop the gun.…
And that Was it, …In 60 years and the only time he pulled out the gun it almost got him killed.

I’m going to leave this thread now. And you guys keep “carrying guns in your pajamas” , always on the ready.
but
I pray that we are all as fortunate as my father was, and never need a gun in 60 years to defend our homes. :pray:
That is my prayer as well. I’d imagine your father would not consider not having his weapon in country, because of what he has seen or been involved with.
I am the way I am because of my own personal observations and experiences.
We all have to make our own choices, I won’t always agree, but I will defend your right to make your own decisions.

but

but
Hats off to your dad and I appreciate his service… same as I appreciate the service of, probably 60 or 70% of the members here. Guys that have seen as bad or worse than your father. Go watch a random video of an ordinary, everyday news cast from the late 70s or early 80s when your dad was ok with a gun in the house. Now, watch a current news cast.

More importantly, your description of your father leads me to believe he wasn’t the type to judge or poke fun at people who operated on a daily basis differently than him. So, regardless of what your dad did, who the hell are you to judge the fine folks and veterans in this thread?

By the way, Merry Christmas

I don’t think that expressing an opinion, no matter how strongly, is “judging”
Neither do I. I based my post on the entire thread. There were squirt guns, guns on a rope…. a little judging…. Then a grand Finale mic drop moment. I simply wanted to add a little perspective, I guess. As funny as something might seem to me might be deadly serious to someone who was dealt a different hand of cards in life.

Back
Top Bottom