• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

At this point I seriously consider the integrity of any dealer selling Huntertown Arms can

Although it would be nice if a dealer kept up with every customer service issue complaint on the interwebz, at the end of the day, it is the buyer's responsibility to do their homework. There are plenty of threads like this one out there on HTA, and there have been for some time. But if you look on this forum, you'll also see plenty of people recommending HTA because the ODT is a smaller sample of owners, and many people have not had to deal with their customer service. And some people would rather just pay the lower prices and take their chances with the customer service.

I seem to remember HTA making a big push early last year with their new cans, but then the customer complaint issues just kept increasing. My guess is the dealers will probably start to fall off, but as they say - only time will tell.

I don't think you can blame a dealer for a manufacturer's fault. At least I dont. It's the customers responsibility to research these particulars about a brand.

HTA cans have been pretty cheap. When you start buying cans or any items that are well below the market norm, you have to realize that sacrifices are involved. It may be CS, it may be performance, reliability, etc but you seldom get a significantly cheaper product without giving up something.

I have 2 HTA cans and don't like the performance of either. It's not my dealers fault.I got them cheap and hoped i would be pleasantly surprised. I'm more aggravated at putting the money up for 2 stamps. That's why I always tell new ppl to spend a little extra if they need to in order to ensure they're happy with their purchase.

Now if a customer goes to a dealer asking questions, I would expect the dealer to explain the advantages and disadvantages to each company's products. Most dealers I know are honest about this. However, the guy that just throws out the money for an HTA can because it's cheaper is responsible for his own decision. JMO

I agree with you in that if a dealer is actually recommending an HTA can over others, i woukd get away fast.

Last edited:
I have a Guardian 9 and it's worked great for me, I like everything about it really. With that being said I haven't had to use HTA's customer service, and I've heard nothing but horrible things about it. I'd be hard pressed at this point to buy one of their products again.

it reminds me of car repairs. Cheap, Good and Quick. Pick any two. :) Hard to have your cake and eat it too in this industry. But many of the companies are very small and may not have the resources (especially over the holidays) to cover everything. Not making excuses but I know things can/will fall thru the cracks this time of year, but if someone is calling all the time, someone else needs to step up and at least say "yes we have it, it might be a few weeks before we get it fixed".

Im shocked, shocked I tell you. I had a Kestrel that somehow made my gun louder and enhanced the muzzle flash, sent it in to be looked at, after over a month of trying to get a hold of them, I finally got my dealer involved (Jake) who got them to tell me everything is within their specs. Literally might have dropped the dB 10 notches, loud as hell.

What's funny is a I ran a that can during a carbine class and turned about 2 dozen people away from ever buying a HTA can.

Back
Top Bottom