• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UPDATE 10/3 - Injunction covers all FPC members - ATF publishes their pistol brace rule

I'm not arguing with you... either stay strictly in compliance... or don't. But know what you are doing, and I fear there are millions that don't, and have a legal nightmare in the closet. And a lot of 'em already did even before this week.

For what it's worth, the Kuduman curses bitches and moans... and complies to the letter.

patience and wisdom.jpg
seems to be real scarce around this place

A lot of folks already had illegal AR pistols... if your lower was ever paired with a rifle upper, it's a rifle forever. And if you bought that lower as a rifle on the 4473, it's always been illegal to put a short-barreled upper on it. Probably millions of those out there... hint-- you should have bought the lower as a "firearm"-- savvy dealers sold 'em that way, but 90% of buyers probably had no idea about the ramifications of what was typed into that box.

Not to mention the boxcar of AKs out there imported with thumbhole stocks, then replaced with pistol grips without replacing enough foreign-made parts for 922-r compliance. Those are potentially felonies too, unless you can prove you didn't do the "assembly". Probably hard to prove in court, but who has the money to find out?

If I had had a braced AR pistol, I would have converted it to a rifle the day the rule was published, and gotten rid of that upper immediately, perhaps by giving to someone with an SBR... no constructive possession for them. They can always gift it back if this gets sorted out in favor of the braces. Your risk tolerance may vary.

There's a lot of folks out there that were already violating various serious laws, whether they knew it or not. Good luck to all. This is not going to be pretty.

And this is why you get out and vote Republican, even with crappy candidates like Herschel, Trump, etc. Yeah, we'd all like some other option but let's not let the perfect interfere with "good enough".
Damn yer smart..

Back
Top Bottom