• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

ATI Titan .45- Would you trust your life with it???

acejoe100

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
35   0
Reaction score
I recently traded away my favorite carry gun, a Kahr K40, and I am temporarily looking for its replacement. The deal was absolutely too sweet to refuse. I had picked up an ATI Titan .45 at a price that I couldn't resist, and I am thinking of carrying it for a while. I have never owned one of these, and I know that as with any gun, opinions on it vary drastically. The only guns that I have ever trusted enough to carry have been Glocks, a Kahr K40, or a S&W .38sp. All that I care about is that the gun will go bang 100% of the time if ever needed. Those guns were never ever a doubt.

So my question is........do you or would you trust an ATI as your primary carry weapon? Why or why not? Thanks
ATI TItan.jpg

Not sure, from what I remember they have gone through alot of testing to get certified. The Turks have made some very nice weapons in the past so if this is the one I am thinking of( Turkish built).Based only on what I have read. Sure,however i would have to range test it alot to be comfortable enough to make it a daily driver.

Only way to be sure is to run a bunch of ammo through it, the kind you'll be carrying, and see how it does. It's a proven design, at least, but even the big names can let a lemon out of the factory now and again.

same as with most guns. Inspect it, use a known brand magazine and go run a bunch of rounds through it, making sure you also run the rounds you plan on carrying in the gun for SD. If it works well why not turst it. I picked an STI Sparten, very similar to your gun pictured above, cleaned it and ran some rounds through it and it worked great, very accurate and I would not hesitate to carry it anywhere. But I will never understand when someone says they just got rid of their favorite gun? I have bought and sold guns but there one I would never part with, my daily carry Kimber compact aluminum.

I owned one for about a day. After several hits to the forehead with spent brass, FTF, and FTE, I got rid of it. It's not a RIA or Citadel at all. Horrible gun. I would not trust it at all. Sorry for being so blunt but it is the truth.

Just replace the recoil spring assembly with a colt and get good magazines and you should be good to go! That's what I did with the one I had and it ran good but only after I did that!

Just replace the recoil spring assembly with a colt and get good magazines and you should be good to go! That's what I did with the one I had and it ran good but only after I did that!

Yes, but wouldn't you agree that you shouldn't have to do that in the first place? I'd have a hard time living with that myself.

Back
Top Bottom