• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

ATI Titan .45- Would you trust your life with it???

Yes, but wouldn't you agree that you shouldn't have to do that in the first place? I'd have a hard time living with that myself.

1911's are definitely for people who like tinkering with their guns. If you want a gun that is guaranteed to go bang right out of the box every time, buy a Glock, XDm, M&P, etc. I kind of like working on my guns a bit. That being said, my EDC is a Kahr!!

I feel like a gun should function when it leaves the factory and if a particular weapon has a history of not functioning and people all over the net are replacing springs and whatnot to get them to run then why do you want to support a company that clearly doesn't give a crap about their product. Sure, some bad apples make it out but do a little research on the ATI Titan and there are tons of people with problems and ATI doesn't seem to care about fixing them. I had a Citadel 1911 that was at a similar price as the ATI and it ran like a Glock. Same experience with a RIA. However I had a nice Kimber Tactical Pro ii that ran like complete garage. Read up on them and sure enough, Kimber couldn't get the extractors right. I just think that if there is a known issue a company should stop producing that particular product until they get a fix.

Glock, sig (not the 250), hk, and cz...these are the brands that I trust. Not to say that others are crap, but I wouldn't trust until I'd done extensive personal testing. Just my .02 worth. Also, I enjoy shooting 1911s but their sometimes finicky nature (ie, some brands/mags don't feed hp well) means that I wouldn't trust one until I'd gone 500 to 1000 rounds without failure.

Get quality mags and do some polishing... then run 200-300 rounds FMJ at the range, clean and lube and fine polish, then followed by 50+ of your preferred carry ammo to test feed and function. That will tell you all you need to know..

I also remember that I couldn't even get the guide rod and spring out to clean it. It was a complete POS. I'm glad I returned it and got something else.

Back
Top Bottom