• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

****Atlanta Falcons**** And The NFL In General

Falcons the last 10 seasons with Matt Ryan
3 winning seasons and 1 super bowl loss

Falcons the 10 seasons before Matt Ryan showed up
3 winning seasons and 1 super bowl loss

It was time for a change. Embrace the suck. Hit on some draft picks. But most importantly don’t rush to get a QB. Wait for the right one.

Atlanta is on a run of four straight losing seasons, but Ryan has held up his end of the bargain, throwing a league-leading number of completions in 2019 and 2020 while being sacked over 40 times each year.

The Falcons reached the playoffs in six of Ryan’s 14 seasons in Atlanta.

Personally I think letting Ryan go and getting Mariota is a downgrade. Rebuilding top to bottom must be the goal of this ..drafting a new QB and enduring a losing year or probably two until he gets up to speed.

I believe in 2 or 3 years will have a lot more cap space and can really get some talented playeres then.

I think the team will regret it in the short term as Matt would seem to be the best option for getting some wins over the next couple of years. I would have kept him and drafted a QB this year or for sure next year.

The team's long term future isn't Matt but he can lead the team and provide a smart, talented QB, that can run the offense and give them a chance to win games. He only missed 3 games in his career here, which is pretty impressive.

Plus it doesn't sound as though he got treated very well in this whole deal. Being pushed out the door after the Watson deal fell through. I was expecting him to retire as a Falcon with some fanfare and that ain't happen'.

Back
Top Bottom