• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ATV vs UTV / side by side?

I've often wonder why people didn't just get a old jeep

The new sxs are as big as a jeep and cost as mush as a used jeep but not legal on the road
I am worried they will rip up the woodland roads more than an ATV and UTV. Aren't they a lot wider than also?

Those things got me and my buddies kicked out of riding ATV's up at Warwoman in Rabun county. Most fun I ever had riding trails, did it for years until horseback riding really picked. ATV's and horses don't mix.
My horse gets an erection when he hears the kubota RTV start up. ATV's etc do not bother him.

I've often wonder why people didn't just get a old jeep

The new sxs are as big as a jeep and cost as mush as a used jeep but not legal on the road
Here's the ultimate UTV!

upload_2016-1-24_18-41-25.png

If you've limited it to ATVs or UTVs then definitely UTVs. Reason being, the U. What you describe sounds like you'll have a lot more opportunity/need to haul 'stuff'. Having said that, I have a lifted electric golf cart and was and am STUNNED by the stuff it will climb and go over and through. And it's not even 4wd. I remained shocked at it's capabilities. It's got the flip down diamond metal bed in the back to bench seat. I've ridden as many as 6 in it before. Haul all/every manner of thing with it.
But since you said money is no issue, yeah... new UTV. Just keep that engine (whatever it is) properly maintained.

Have not read through everything but a 4 seater/6 seater polaris ranger is what I would go with. Teryx doesnt have any room in the bed for much of anything. had one and sold it. Ranger is not a sport type of machine though.

Otherwise, look for a Jeep and pull a small trailer when needed.

Back
Top Bottom