• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bad LGS experiance

Smiter

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
3   0
Reaction score
I had a guy bring in a Glock to have one of those Rocket 3.5 trigger connectors put in and I asked him who painted his gun. The gun is Forest green and the black on the slide looks and feels like paint. He said no one that it was a stock OD green Glock. So I went into my safe and pulled out a few OD green glocks. I showed him where sometimes the compacts have a lighter color to them but there never Forest Green. So we took it apart and you can see the over spray, the back guide rails (silver) are now Forest green. Then I showed him where both the slide and frame were pealing/flaking. He tells me the LGS sold him the gun at a premium because it was OD Green. Now I am a big proponent of Buyer beware and doing you due diligence. However blatant dishonesty and just outright taking advantage of an obviously unknowing and newcomer to the fold just seems down right low and even worse so that it was done by a business as opposed to an individual. I asked him to bring in the receipt and gun so I could get pictures. I advised him to take it back, but he comes off as a guy who doesn't want to create a fuss and while it's his choice I feel like it reinforces this behavior in the gun shop. I think I should take him up there and ask the LGS for his money back and take him to a good LGS to buy a new one.

Wasn't sure if I could post the name.

Maybe not the name, but you could post the area or something nearby to give people a head's up. We all look bad when something like that happens.

Forest is a repeating theme. Its on Dean Forest, they painted the gun Forest.

celebrity-image-james-dean-trailer-332084.jpg220px-Swiss_National_Park_131.JPGhome-security-guns-and-ammo-magazine.jpg

Edit: It's Dean Forest guns and ammo. I saw the mods post after I put together my collage

Last edited:
wowwwww.....
i would demand my money back. and an OD glock at half price before i tore them a new one in a ton of reviews online and picketed their store

Give us the name or it didn't happen!!!
Just kidding, but the name will help protect all of us.

wowwwww.....
i would demand my money back. and an OD glock at half price before i tore them a new one in a ton of reviews online and picketed their store

Me to, but he doesn't seem to want to go that route. Now I feel bad for pointing out the issue. He was happy and content till I said anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Give us the name or it didn't happen!!!
Just kidding, but the name will help protect all of us.

Look at my post above

Back
Top Bottom