• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bad luck......

Buying used with no warranty is always a risk. It is always a gamble.
Gambling on a Ford product with high miles is always a losing bet in my opinion unless you can fix it yourself to keep the additional costs down. The dealer has no way of testing a fuel pump. Pumps work until they don't. No ones fault just bad luck.

Regarding warranties, if you are not mechanically inclined or have an understanding of what things cost to fix, I ALWAYS suggest getting the warranty.

Case in point, most new appliances today (dishwasher, dryer, refrigerator, etc.) are made to last 2-4 years, tops. My wife got me hooked on getting the extended warranties from Home Depot or Lowes as I was of the old school mentality boasting how my family had its' original washer/dryer for the past 30+ years with no issues. Back in the day, the materials were made to last. Today, with cheap manufacturing overseas....the mantra is...burn and turn....

Sorry to hear it brother. That really bites. The fact it lasted FOUR days is weird...
I can get real patient for 500 bucks
Yeah, if I had the space to work and someone to help me get the bed off (if necessary for the model) I would do it myself. Here in Georgia I don't have a workspace or the necessary tools so it would go to the shop.
I think over the years my Dad replaced pumps on 2-3 of his trucks to save money.

Back
Top Bottom