• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Bad News for those who live near Hwy 20 in Cherokee County

I vote for the shooting on your property plan. It's your right, if it's legal.

Having said that, I always find it interesting that even the most hardcore libertarians I know do a 180 degree turn when it comes to NIMBYism. I know a couple (both Harvard educated lawyers) that spout Sean Hannity all the time, but now they are trying to organize support to block a new subdivision coming in down the street. They say it's because there will be too much traffic, but I am sure when their own subdivision was built the existing subdivisions said the same thing about theirs at the time.

Every big new thing has to be built somewhere, and wherever that new thing is, everyone that already lives there doesn't want it. But at some point, property rights define what freedom is about. That's why I refuse to live in a subdivision where someone else can decide the minimum diameter of the trees I can plant or what I can put in my yard or whatever.

Houston has NO zoning at all, and it is one of the most vibrant and fastest growing cities in the country. No offense intended, just my 2 cents.

Ag zoning means nothing these days. AG might as well translate into "Future Development"

That's always been true. Wasn't every densely populated suburb of Atlanta farms or woods at some point?

Cherokee AG zoning permits all sorts of stuff. Correctional facilities, airports without scheduled service, education facilities of many types, indoor and outdoor recreational facilities (as long as there are no outdoor speakers), wineries, landfills, etc etc etc.

Back
Top Bottom