• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Baiting North Ga vs South Ga

Yes but is there something wrong with a civil and polite discussion/debate with a reasonably intelligent person?
Always enjoy that myself. Never know what I might learn.
The "why do you hate corn" comment was just some lighthearted humor.
Absolutely nothing wrong with it. My point is, I doubt you are going to learn anything new as I'm sure you've had this discussion before. The stats about decreasing hunter success are there. The biologist are on record about disease concerns. It's a biological fact it does nothing for the herd and can be very detrimental especially for other game like turkeys. Yet people still want to do it. When people have a predisposition for something they simply ignore the facts that don't line up with their desires. If facts and informed insight don't change someone's mind then the 17th million thread on the topic isn't. That's all I meant. Not rude. Just a little tired of it ;)

There must be a lot of goat farming in the northern zone,because all the big retailers have several pallets of corn for sale.

Absolutely nothing wrong with it. My point is, I doubt you are going to learn anything new as I'm sure you've had this discussion before. The stats about decreasing hunter success are there. The biologist are on record about disease concerns. It's a biological fact it does nothing for the herd and can be very detrimental especially for other game like turkeys. Yet people still want to do it. When people have a predisposition for something they simply ignore the facts that don't line up with their desires. If facts and informed insight don't change someone's mind then the 17th million thread on the topic isn't. That's all I meant. Not rude. Just a little tired of it ;)

Well see, that is something new to me. I'm not aware of any hard studies that show providing additional food to a deer herd is detrimental when proper management techniques are in place.

And I'm very interested in learning about that.

Who knows maybe you will change my mind.

You shouldn't give up so easily.

Well see, that is something new to me. I'm not aware of any hard studies that show providing additional food to a deer herd is detrimental when proper management techniques are in place.

And I'm very interested in learning about that.

Who knows maybe you will change my mind.

You shouldn't give up so easily.
You seriously don't know about the biological concerns of feeding corn to deer? Yet you are apparently advocating for more of it to be done? :confused:
Here is the first article (that appears to put it in layman's terms) in a quick google search. http://www.farmanddairy.com/columns/feeding-corn-to-deer-could-be-death-sentence/14324.html (That doesn't even go into the problems with aflotoxins for turkeys and waterfowl).
Anyone who is GENUINELY interested in the health of the herd (ro wildlife in general) won't be putting corn out.

You seriously don't know about the biological concerns of feeding corn to deer? Yet you are apparently advocating for more of it to be done? :confused:
Here is the first article (that appears to put it in layman's terms) in a quick google search. http://www.farmanddairy.com/columns/feeding-corn-to-deer-could-be-death-sentence/14324.html (That doesn't even go into the problems with aflotoxins for turkeys and waterfowl).
Anyone who is GENUINELY interested in the health of the herd (ro wildlife in general) won't be putting corn out.
I'm willing to keep an open mind but that ridiculous article isn't helping none :lol:

I'm pretty sure the law says no hunting over bait. which means all baits. I'm aware corn isn't the most nutritional or the best feed. But the law you are arguing about doesn't make that distinction.

So is there a study that doesn't involve corn? And says the same thing about other baits?

Or are you ok with hunting over bait with the exception of no corn being used?

I may be a little confused on what you are saying.

I believe the biggest threat to the deer (and turkey) population is from coyotes.

The idiots at the DNR re-introduced them in the early 90s. Such a huge mistake that they now deny it, but they absolutely did reintroduce coyotes.

I have no respect for anyone that would bait any game. If you will shoot over bait, I bet you have also poached at some point in your life.

I have no respect for anyone that would bait any game. If you will shoot over bait, I bet you have also poached at some point in your life.

And if you use a gun I bet you've killed someone too....

Do you also avoid acorns, food plots, fruit trees and other food sources when you hunt?

If you don't would you care to explain the difference between them.

Not all people who use bait to supplement and improve their property are dumb rednecks buying 10 bags of corn and dumping it in a field. Just sayin.

Back
Top Bottom