• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bergara HMR B-14 300 win mag accessorizing/build REVIEW

What scope?
I couldn't afford a top notch scope. I got a Crimson trace Hard line 2 weeks ago and it says it'll be here tomorrow.

Dang it delivery exception on scope just now.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1022961453?pid=303805

1652274471290.png
1652274486791.png

What method are you using for break in?

Edit; My normal break in is 1 shot clean with copper solvent for 20 then 3 shot clean for 20 then clean after every 5 rounds.
Depends on the barrel, a quality barrel with minimal machine marks left in the bore will be 1 and clean for 5-10 then 3 and clean for 5. Honestly I think most modern, quality barrels need very little to no break in.

I don’t do barrel break in. It’s all hocus pocus.

I clean every 200 rounds. It’s not a bench gun so you won’t see 1/8 inch accuracy improvements from break in or barrel cleaning when shooting specific rounds.

Also, that’s a nice scope. I believe they are made at the LOW factory in Japan.

I don’t do barrel break in. It’s all hocus pocus.

I clean every 200 rounds. It’s not a bench gun so you won’t see 1/8 inch accuracy improvements from break in or barrel cleaning when shooting specific rounds.

Also, that’s a nice scope. I believe they are made at the LOW factory in Japan.
Yessir, I love Japanese optics. They take pride in their work.

Depends on the barrel, a quality barrel with minimal machine marks left in the bore will be 1 and clean for 5-10 then 3 and clean for 5. Honestly I think most modern, quality barrels need very little to no break in.
I may just clean it for 20 every shot and be done with it. Then clean it after trips to the range. I gotta reload for it 300 wm ammo factory stuff costs a mint.

Back
Top Bottom