Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Kinghts

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Tacos

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 20 47.6%

• Total voters
I only recommend building one if you don’t mind spending several hundred dollars for the proper tools to do so.

If you’re not going to be building regularly, or tearing them apart and rebuilding them on a constant basis (can’t think of why you’d do that), building it yourself isn’t a viable alternative.

If you’ve never built an AR before, I don’t recommend an AR10 being your first build.

For the money ($950ish) the new Ruger SFAR is the Bees Knees!!! Light weight, factory brake mitigates recoil quite nicely and the cold hammer forged 5R barrel groups very nicely, also has adjustable gas system!
I just set my buddies up for him and I did NOT want to give it back..!!

Psa with a barska scope. Duh.
Laughable but my $550 iron sight 18" PSA-10 with TulAmmo 308 has been rock solid and I can ding the 640yd steel repeatedly at CMP plate range. Over on the 2, 3, and 600yd known distance range it actually gets boring at times its so accurate.
I had it scoped for a while and shooting it was no challenge so its iron sights only now.

ReservoirDawg10 ReservoirDawg10 I know you have an opinion
Ha. I always have opinions.

Spend money up front to get quality. There are lots of good options out there - JP, GAP10, LWRC, KAC, Lanxang. All great rifles. Decide if there are any features you want or don't want and narrow it down from there.

Don't forget about the SCAR - MK20 or 17 depending on what your intentions are.

Back
Top Bottom