• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best cell phone carrier?

Who do you use? Why do you like them? What’s the cost? What are the traps to watch out for?

I’ve had a company cell phone for 20 years and only had to pay 15/month for unlimited use...,what a bargain! It’s time for me to get my own though and I’ve realized that I don’t know enough about the market to go shopping. I need great coverage, apple phones, and unlimited data. Any advice or recco’s you can give will be greatly appreciated

View attachment 2283822

We use Total Wireless
$75 a month for 3 lines unlimited everything

They are a subsidiary of Verizon and use their towers

Very inexpensive with no extra fees or taxes

Our same bill on Verizon was over $200

Verizon by far as it has the best customer service- you're not transferred to a third world country for customer support. There are two sides to Verizon. When I first started with them, I paid at the end of the month. I found out that the prepaid side is friendlier and has some good packages. My current plan is 8 GB at $51.50 (includes $1.50 for my county 911 system) but with Auto-Pay I get a $5.00 discount and another 7 GB free reducing my cost to $46.50 for 15 GB.

I once tried to port my Verizon smart phone with Straight Talk for the deals they offered but that didn't work even though ST leases Verizon's network. I was in limbo for ten days trying to work with ST tech support (located south of the border) which was a waste of time. Had to buy a Verizon Prepaid flip phone to stay in the loop. I went back to Verizon and they had my smart phone operational in about two days. I'm staying with Verizon Prepaid.

I travel a lot both around Atlanta and out of state.
Been using straight talk using att system for a decade, mid 40s for unlimited everything.

I’ve tried them all over the years for my business. We operate all over Georgia. The only carrier that doesn’t fail me is Verizon. All others are BS talk of coverage and speed.

Back
Top Bottom