• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Best Drives to get out of Atlanta

BenStark

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
27   0
Reaction score
Okay gearheads. Let's hear it. I am looking for the best scenic drives to enjoy in a hotrod. I want a destination that is North/Northeast/East of Atlanta. 1-2 hour drive, a nice destination with a 1-2 hour drive back. Some twisty roads would be nice too.

So what are your best drives?

I always see a bunch of Hot Rods and Harley's up and down 78 going east thru Athens,Ogelthorpe,Wilkes.Alot of Civil war history out that way also just watch out for GSP.

google maps... look up Wolf Pen Gap near suches, ga. Pick ANY of the roads around there for fun scenic twisty runs. If you superslab it north 75 to 575 (turns into 515). Take a right into Jasper and take Burnt Mountain Rd (feeds into 136) all the way to a left onto Elliot Family parkway (183), then right onto 52 past amicalola falls through dahlonega, left onto 19, left at Turner's Corner onto 129. Run that all the way to Vogel State Park and then left on onto Wolf Pen Gap. That will run you into Suches at Hwy60. 60 is great to run north or south. If you go north, you will come out just north of blue ridge on 575/515/5 and can either back track the twisties home or superslab south to atlanta.

OR

Once past Vogel, continue on 129 and take a right on 180 and then another right onto 348 towards Helen. Once you hit 75A, you can go North towards helen and then pick up the Unicoi Turnpike (17) North. From there you can take a left on 180 which will be a loop back to Vogel State Park.

Depends on time you have. Lots of great loops up there.

Back
Top Bottom