• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Best Drives to get out of Atlanta

All the roads above are great ones. Head north and pick anywhere between Chatsworth on the west side and Helen on the east side and you'll probably be satisfied. Merciers Orchard is a great destination, as is Helen (better on weekdays, IMO), Dahlonega has some good bbq, Ellijay has some nice little local restaurants, Carters Lake or Vogel State Park or Fort Mountain State Park for a picnic...lots to choose from up that way. Just keep your eyes peeled for everyone else--I've seen some great driving and some horrible driving by people in all sorts of vehicles in my years on the roads up there.

All the roads above are great ones. Head north and pick anywhere between Chatsworth on the west side and Helen on the east side and you'll probably be satisfied. Merciers Orchard is a great destination, as is Helen (better on weekdays, IMO), Dahlonega has some good bbq, Ellijay has some nice little local restaurants, Carters Lake or Vogel State Park or Fort Mountain State Park for a picnic...lots to choose from up that way. Just keep your eyes peeled for everyone else--I've seen some great driving and some horrible driving by people in all sorts of vehicles in my years on the roads up there.

This is excellent, I think I have decided to take 60 north (the long way) and go to Merciers Orchard for a little post Valentine's day drive... weather permitting.

Thank you everyone. This has helped a lot. Maybe I will get around to busting out the Cadillac soon.

OOOOOHHHH.....What year caddy? I used to do a lot of work on '49-'76 Caddies.

And I've found that most of Ga has pretty scenic roads. I use my GPS and set to "shortest distance" rather than fastest time to a restaurant (there's one in Mansfield, Ga called Where's there's Smoke BBQ and the Blue Willow Inn if you're looking to go east). If it takes you to the interstate, just jump off anyway and head in the general direction of your destination, there's all kinds of good rides!

Okay gearheads. Let's hear it. I am looking for the best scenic drives to enjoy in a hotrod. I want a destination that is North/Northeast/East of Atlanta. 1-2 hour drive, a nice destination with a 1-2 hour drive back. Some twisty roads would be nice too.

So what are your best drives?
come up to jasper ga 136 out of town up to the overlook turn left on sunrise mnt rd follow to 52 into ellijay some nice twisty roads with lots of scenery. whatcha got,car wise?

Back
Top Bottom