• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info
I wouldn't waste my money on any of the Nikon Optics. Not good enough for serious shooting and not heavy enough for a door stop. Glass is sub-par, color and clarity are maybe middle of the road, and I can't figure out who designed many of the "features".

Check the military/LE program with Nightforce, then contact Mike Cecil at CS Tactical, tell him Shep sent ya. Mike is great folks, works for a great company, and they are one of NF's top distributors.

The Vortex Razor is a great line of optics as well. CS Tactical is one of their big distributors.

I'm located in Dallas GA, you're welcome to slide on by and take a look at a bunch of the NF options.

There is a huge price and quality jump between those two options. The NF SHV and NSX fill that gap.

You are right about that. However he asked for opinions on best bang for the buck. In my opinion these are the best at the price point. An SHV is a very nice piece, but not worth the extra 450 bucks IMO.

I recommend the Nightforce SHV over the Vortex Viper PST all day long. Higher quality glass with superior coatings, stronger construction, worth the extra money.

The VVPST is a good scope for the money, but it ain't in NF territory.

You are right about that. However he asked for opinions on best bang for the buck. In my opinion these are the best at the price point. An SHV is a very nice piece, but not worth the extra 450 bucks IMO.
What's worth the extra cash is very much subjective to the user. Not necessarily pointed at you, just in general. Some folks think that a Nikon hunting scope is great and all they need. Some folks want a NF Beast, S&B or TT.

OP, figure out what options you need and what you would like to have, and pick what fits within the budget. Just make sure that durability and and accurate tracking are accounted for in your needs.

Appreciate all the I put guys!!! I planing on doing a little more looking around and looking physically at the glass, and getting something. I know it's all subjective like saying of ford or chevy or dodge makes a Better muscle car, so more or less it each is own, but I love the personal input from you guys to assist

There are a bunch of guys alot smarter than me here.

I have an ACOG TA 11H on my SCAR 17 and Love It.
I have shot out to 500 yards and its on point. It was purchased for the purpose of CQB to 400 yards.

I also run an Elcan on RRA That is crystal clear.
Really for the same purpose.

For hunting I have a Steyr 7 Mag topped with a Zeiss Diavari.

I would like to migrate to super long Range shooting someday when my life can slow down... It is always something I have longed to do. I know once I get bit by the bug I will ask myself
Why i didn't start earlier in life.

Scopes that are coming out of LOW Japan facility are what you will want in that 1k-2k price range. Those are Bushnell Elite, Vortex Razors, Nightforce, EOTech Vudu's and I believe the Sig Tango 6's do as well. They all have excellent glass for the money and equally important track well. You will find a lot of people on here pushing Viper PST's, to me, that scope is severely lacking in the glass department, even in the daytime, as are Leupold Mark 6's. I attended in person a comparison review with most of the scopes listed and got to look at resolution charts through them all. The Leupold was dead last. If you can find any of those first few I listed used, I wouldn't hesitate to buy. In fact, if you want a 3.5-18 Vudu in MRAD and money is an issue, I will sell you one of mine, lightly used for $1100 which is BELOW dealer cost. You can't find them online anywhere below $1699. Good luck in your search whatever you choose. You got some good advice from several people here.

Back
Top Bottom