• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best place for an affordable Catalytic converter?

Cadcom

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
505   0
Reaction score
I am looking for a real muffler shop that can simply weld in a universal catalytic converter on my kids 1999 S10 Blazer with the 4.3l V6. The two local shops want $300.00 to bolt in a direct fit unit. I just want a universal welded in as this vehicle has 190,000 miles on it and I simply don't need the super duper wonder converter these guys are pushing. Does anyone know of a place in the Canton, Cartersville, Marietta area?

Do you have the Converter and just need a shop to install it? Converters for that S10 can be had for $130. Doesn't it just bolt on?

Replaced one on a Camry...was quoted 7-800 by the shops...bought one with a 5 year warranty off ebay for 200.00 and changed it out took about 45 min.
If your is a "bolt", it would be a good father-son teaching-learning experience.

www.am-autoparts.com

Do you have the Converter and just need a shop to install it? Converters for that S10 can be had for $130. Doesn't it just bolt on?

The bolt on stuff would seem to be the easiest and quickest. I'm getting quotes of $300.00! even to do that.
I may just order one myself and do it. I'm headed out of town next week so was hoping to get it done Monday. But these crazy prices are making me rethink that. The universals are $60 - $75.00 for the part. I was hoping to get one of those installed for around $150.00 but I was even quoted $300.00 for one of those at Meineke in Woodstock.

Back
Top Bottom