Best reloading equipment.

I've been using Dillion 550 for about 30 years has been excellent ! Loaded Probley 10,000 rounds or so. Easy operate and change calibers. Have loaded 450 rounds pistol ammo in hour before. Rifle about 200 hour. About 40 years ago had rock chucker by RCBS was great tough loader just to slow for me! If I was buying another it would be Dillion 550.

I've been using Dillion 550 for about 30 years has been excellent ! Loaded Probley 10,000 rounds or so. Easy operate and change calibers. Have loaded 450 rounds pistol ammo in hour before. Rifle about 200 hour. About 40 years ago had rock chucker by RCBS was great tough loader just to slow for me! If I was buying another it would be Dillion 550.
That's like 27 rounds a year on average .......you spend a lot of money to load very few rounds if this accurate information lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

well that takes some deep serious thought!
first you would need to have the BEST gun (insert brand) then you would need to reload the BEST projectiles (insert brand) to take advantage of the BEST press.
Seriously, it really is determined by what color and what name that you think is best.
I have used about 4-5 maybe 6 different presses over the years and find they all produce very good ammo IF you do your part.
now fastest is a different question, but IF you are basing your choice simply on speed and not quality or safety then my opinion you are getting off on the wrong foot.
be safe first no matter what you decide.

Dillon, obviously, for quantity. Any of the non-Lee single-stages for accuracy loads.

But do some math-- how much you save per shot, how many shots you're going to use in a year, and figure out the break-even point. For 9mm, right now, I can make them for about a dime. If you're paying $10 a box, you'd save a dime a shot. If you have $1000 in a loading setup-- and you likely will after components, scales, calipers, various tools-- that's breakeven at 10,000 9mm rounds. That's a couple of years for me. .45s, on the other hand, you'll break even a lot quicker. Even more so with .223 or .308.

My needs are met by a 550-- the 650 and 1050 are faster, but much slower to change calibers. And I change frequently.

Of course, there's another reason to reload-- that you can tailor the ammo specifically to your needs and desires. Like light loads for particular speed competitions, and so forth.

Back
Top Bottom