• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Ride on Lawn Mower

Do you have any suggestions? I am not really in the position to drop $10k plus at the moment on one....maybe in a few years ,but not right now.
For sure Kubota and Massey offer 0% rate financing. If you can handle a small monthly payment you also get the benefit of a new machine and a warranty.

Sent from my BV9800Pro using Tapatalk

Ran a Scag Tiger Cub zero turn for a few years and enjoyed it… to a point. Sold it and bought a Kubota Bx1500 with a diesel, 4x4 and power steering. Best grass cutter and do anything yard machine I’ve ever set my ass on. One hand steer, raise and lower deck or what ever equipment I have on back and drink beer all at the same time. 1700 plus hrs and counting and still kicking grass…YMMV

I did not know that ,but that is good to know!

Thanks

Just beware, the financing isn't really 0%. The cash price for equipment is typically about 10% to 15% lower than the financed price.

That's fine if the payment suits you better. It's just that the financing isn't really 0%.

If you're gonna go that route, go sooner rather than later. Interest rates are going to rise sharply in the coming months as the feds try to strangle inflation.

I couldn't imagine mowing 3-5 acres with a small rider, you'll be out there all day. Gonna need a big fast ztr in my opinion.

I'm currently mowing just under 2 acres with a 52in ztr that might hit 7mph....and its 1:15 hours easy. I'd love to upgrade to a bigger one, just dont have the space.

I did not know that ,but that is good to know!

Thanks
That's how I got my Kubota. 0% over 48 months.
Money well spent after wearing 3 big box residential riding mowers out cutting almost 2 acres of grass. This machine does it in a fraction of the time, doesn't bog down regardless of grass height, and is a pleasure to be on. The 3 cyl diesel just sips fuel too.

Just beware, the financing isn't really 0%. The cash price for equipment is typically about 10% to 15% lower than the financed price.

That's fine if the payment suits you better. It's just that the financing isn't really 0%.

If you're gonna go that route, go sooner rather than later. Interest rates are going to rise sharply in the coming months as the feds try to strangle inflation.
That's not true with Kubota. When I bought mine I had him quote it as a cash sale also and the difference was less than $500 on a $25k tractor

Sent from my BV9800Pro using Tapatalk

I have 3 acres to mow at the other house and used to have a Cub Cadet lawn tractor. After mowing for over 3 hours, I hurt all over and felt like I'd been bull riding. Once it finally died, I got a 48' Big Dawg (Hustler with upgrades) and I can mow same area in about 2 hours and still be ready for more mowing. Of course, these run around $5500 and a little more than your budget. Mine came with LED lights and you can mow after dark; but they feel really fast with limited visibility.

Whatever you get, buy extra blades and a belt. You will need it when the stores are closed.

Hustler Raptor SD 60" but it falls apart....Great when it's running right - 2 acres no problem.
But......It's broken again. less than 85hrs on it.
Back to Terrys Tool Rental in Cumming.

I went with the Husqvarna 24-HP V-Twin Hydrostatic 54" Deck Riding Mower. It was about the best one Lowe's had and since I get a commercial discount and have about $1K in Lowe's gift cards I figured that would be the best bet until I can save up for one of those Kubotas you guys keep bragging about :lol:

Appreciate everyone's suggestions

Back
Top Bottom