• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

best way to carry extra ammo while hunting

whats the best way to hold extra rounds for hunting

• ammo belt

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • wallet style belt holder

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • sleeve on stock

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • extra rounds in pockets

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • other, specify if you have the time

Votes: 12 24.5%

• Total voters
Must be new for this year. Cool, now ya don't have to worry about it.

Nick T
It is for THIS year. Only reasons I'd personally shoot one was to mount it and what I carry in the deer stand is not the most conducive for that. But NOW, AFTER deer season when their pelts are primed.... the .22-250 might get to ruin something's day other than a yote. :cool: Now to get rid of the prohibition on electronic calls.... :rolleyes:

He must be dove hunting... Really, I just load 3 rounds in my rifle and put 1 extra round in my pocket. Never two rounds because they make noise when they hit each other. My grandpa always carried only 3 rounds and most days he came back home with two rounds.

I use an AK, and I carry a 30 round mag fully loaded because I am in a target rich environment (see below). :D

Actually though I carry a 5 round mag and a pistol on my side.

i203.photobucket.com_albums_aa225_lk125678_PICT0030_zps61d90abc.jpg

He must be dove hunting... Really, I just load 3 rounds in my rifle and put 1 extra round in my pocket. Never two rounds because they make noise when they hit each other. My grandpa always carried only 3 rounds and most days he came back home with two rounds.

that is good information, I'm slowly learning

psh, mag? I run beltfed on a rifle rest, yall need to step up your game :p
If you need more than 3 rounds, you're not bringing home anything anyhow that day.

Back
Top Bottom