• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Big Blue Heron at my coy pond.

It's not the Only way, but probably the most, ah, "Legal" way... ;)

You are right, but GaGunguy did not want to go that route. If it were me, I would bait the bastard and then shoot it, but I don't have a coy pond, and no blue Herons to shoot.

But heck, Asians are scary. That may work better.

it may be a little more than your wanting to do but I work at a fishery and we have haron problems fairly often and we found the best way to keep them away is to run a weak electric fence about 1 foot off the ground right around the bank of the pond. This will keep them from being able to stand close enough to feed but wont harm the bird if it gets to close. It has kept them away for about 2 years after we have put it in.

asians they scared of asians

you funny. (said in Asian voice)
I know where you can find a couple.
CAM00395.jpg

Same problem here I put fishing line around the perimeter on top of the water. The birds run into it and it freaks them out and they fly away. Been using this system for three years and have not lost a fish in that time. Good luck.

Another suggestion if you have coy. I switched to comets years ago. That twelve cents feeder comet will grow to about ten inches long in ten months if your pond is large enough. The comets are durable also. If I do loose my fish I have 12 cents invested in it. I have some shabukens and fan tails that are beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom