• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Bill of Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

sniper22

Eagle Icon Lifetime Supporter
Aspiring Christian
203   0
Reaction score
Am I the only one that refuses to do bills of sale when buying used guns? I see lots of people trying to sell decent guns at what I consider retail prices and most of the adds require a signature on a BOS. I understand not wanting to sell a weapon to someone that can't own them but other than seeing a valid ID I don't have the proper means of running a background check. I'm just curious.

BOS protects both-buyer and seller,if any problems arise later.Anybody not willing to document a buisiness deal sounds a little shady to me.Unless they are wanting your personal info,then they sound a little shady.

BOS protects both-buyer and seller,if any problems arise later.Anybody not willing to document a buisiness deal sounds a little shady to me.Unless they are wanting your personal info,then they sound a little shady.

so how does it protect the buyer or seller if there is no personal info on there? How does it protect you period? It does not prove anything because its not an official document. I could write on a bos that you sold me your rifle. I could take the serial number off your picture and then call it square. Proves nothing. Thats like saying a receipt from taco bell protects you from food poisoning.

I usually do not have a problem doing one as long as it is stated in advance. I'll give you as much info as you give me. However if you pull a BOS on me at the last minute then I'll get frustrated. Makes me feel like you pulled up to the meet and decided I didnt look trustworthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom