• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Bill of Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind signing my name to one, have done it before, but Ga doesn't require it. If it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy that's fine, but as many people here on ODT do, the gun might get traded again sometime after you trade to me, so I would think the BOS would be even more useless then.

Like soviet said, it's not an official document, so it means nothing.

If you really want to CYA then take the gun and the buyer to an FFL and have a transfer done, but that might be a deal breaker for some because of the extra trouble and transfer fee.

Last edited:
I usually do not have a problem doing one as long as it is stated in advance. I'll give you as much info as you give me. However if you pull a BOS on me at the last minute then I'll get frustrated. Makes me feel like you pulled up to the meet and decided I didnt look trustworthy.

yeah if you tell me about it , I dont care. If I really want the item, ill just scribble something on there for ya. Your not going to get my personal info though.

If I have a BOS with YOUR signature,then that proves I didn't pull your name out of thin air.
This dead horse has been beat before,and it didn't make any difference
I have purchased both ways

Last edited:
Ok so according to what was said in that thread, if you don't have a BOS you don't get your gun back, even though there is nothing in Georgia law that says you have to have proof of ownership?

Sounds to me like the cops are making up their own laws. Can someone please explain this?

Id like to know the answer to this as well. I can prove ownership because my firearms of covered under my insurance policy. I could write up a BOS on my way to the police station :lol:

Id like to know the answer to this as well. I can prove ownership because my firearms of covered under my insurance policy. I could write up a BOS on my way to the police station :lol:

I was wondering the same thing when I read the posting. Why not just fab one up? There really isn't a way to verify the information. Seems to me that if you take an item from someone and that item is not or has not been reported stolen it should be assumed that the individual is the rightful owner.

I guess you've memorized all the serial numbers

I keep records? You dont? Thats like not keeping your tag and VIN number wrote down. Someone steals it, that is good info to have. Plus I take detailed pictures that are also stored on a flash drive in my fire safe and other places :spy:

Last edited:
yeah if you tell me about it , I dont care. If I really want the item, ill just scribble something on there for ya. Your not going to get my personal info though.

This is me as well... don't care either way. I don't require one when I sell / trade although I've signed a few :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom