• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blade Show 2023 - June 2-4

I’m going for the first time ever. Anything that’s a can’t miss? I was thinking about a microtech trade show deal cause I sometimes carry a combat troodon.

Also looking for a nice knife with full handle and sub 2” blade to carry where I work.

What day(s) are you going?

If you prefer a Combat Troodon sized OTF, an Ultratech might be too small for your taste. But, for the money, might be worth checking out.

As for "can't miss" stuff? Naw, I just kinda start on one side and work my way over to the other side. Custom stuff will be mostly on the right as you enter the big room, production stuff will be mostly on the left. The smaller room has some alright stuff, but I'd focus on the big room first.

Welp, according to Instagram, it’s Wednesday evening, and they’re already lining up:

709CFD85-0EF2-4EB6-A9F7-66DAADE20B05.jpeg

What day(s) are you going?

If you prefer a Combat Troodon sized OTF, an Ultratech might be too small for your taste. But, for the money, might be worth checking out.

As for "can't miss" stuff? Naw, I just kinda start on one side and work my way over to the other side. Custom stuff will be mostly on the right as you enter the big room, production stuff will be mostly on the left. The smaller room has some alright stuff, but I'd focus on the big room first.

An ultra tech might be ok, I carried one for a while and the CT is big and pretty annoying sometimes.

Im
Also interested to see if there’s a knife sharpening display, I need a real system. I suck freehand and have a few custom kitchen knives I’m too scared to take to the belt

Camping out is dumb. I don't get it for knives, bourbon, concert tickets, or ****ty bf deals. I guess time isn't worth much to some people.

I did early bird last year and spent way too much way too fast without camping. Spent too much at Demko, Hinderer, Strider, Koenig, among others. I do usually buy at least one show special from somewhere. Microtech last year was meh. I bought heretic and spyderco specials.
This year I'd say Microtech is meh again with the unsharpened bayonet style blade. G10 top ultratech.

I have an early bird ticket but I've got an 11a work call I can't get out of so might have to go after and skip early bird. I spent most of my fun money already this month anyway so probably best I don't. Only thing I might want to get is if any nicer Strider SMFs or a Hinderer BPU/BH.

Microtech show special:
1685576489518.png

Medford did say they were going to release their OTF and a couple other new models so stop by, hold my nose, and check those out. Maybe fondle a SOC Jcape v4 while I continue to wait for mine to come in.

Back
Top Bottom