• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blade Show 2023 - June 2-4

I’m not sure when they put the height bars in but just yesterday I had a picture pop up on FB from 10 years ago of my 12 F250 on 8” of lift and 38’s in that garage on the left closest to 285…. That my smaller current truck is to tall to fit in.

Camping out is dumb. I don't get it for knives, bourbon, concert tickets, or ****ty bf deals. I guess time isn't worth much to some people.

I did early bird last year and spent way too much way too fast without camping. Spent too much at Demko, Hinderer, Strider, Koenig, among others. I do usually buy at least one show special from somewhere. Microtech last year was meh. I bought heretic and spyderco specials.
This year I'd say Microtech is meh again with the unsharpened bayonet style blade. G10 top ultratech.

I have an early bird ticket but I've got an 11a work call I can't get out of so might have to go after and skip early bird. I spent most of my fun money already this month anyway so probably best I don't. Only thing I might want to get is if any nicer Strider SMFs or a Hinderer BPU/BH.

Microtech show special:
View attachment 5780761

Medford did say they were going to release their OTF and a couple other new models so stop by, hold my nose, and check those out. Maybe fondle a SOC Jcape v4 while I continue to wait for mine to come in.

I finally got a Medford Praetorian Scout. They sell for $500 these days, for a knife made of D2 steel and G10 scales that you can't adjust the pivot on, or service yourself. It's a nice enough knife, but I got rid of it... Greg is a really passionate guy, but I don't see how his knives are worth what he charges.

The Chinese companies are really cranking out some good stuff these days... WE, Civivi, Artisan, Reate, Rike, etc...
Microtech is now farming out multiple models to China, because he can't make a knife with those materials and quality for less than a grand... he can have Rike make it for him to his specs and sell it like hot cakes at $400....

I will be at the show on Saturday morning, always good to see every brand and model under the sun, all in one place.

Any suggestions on who might have the classic "Rambo" style knives? Always thought it would cool to have one of those! I know the cheap ones are pretty easy to find but not sure if a good quality verison can be had for under $300-$400?

Back
Top Bottom