• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blantons whiskey($200) and angels envy ($600) bourbon is trash

Over the years, liquor marketing has morphed into a form of fashion iconography. The packaging is the product. If that pleases you, so be it. Just recognize that's what you are paying for. With little exception, the stuff inside the bottle is dirt cheap. The ingredients are cheap (water and low dollar farm grains, for heavens sake). The manufacturing process is cheap. No matter how many yarns the marketers spin about aged wooden barrels and old family recipes.

The money goes into marketing, to convince you it's not cheap.

Over the years, liquor marketing has morphed into a form of fashion iconography. The packaging is the product. If that pleases you, so be it. Just recognize that's what you are paying for. With little exception, the stuff inside the bottle is dirt cheap. The ingredients are cheap (water and low dollar farm grains, for heavens sake). The manufacturing process is cheap. No matter how many yarns the marketers spin about aged wooden barrels and old family recipes.

You get what you pay for. Buy once, cry once.

You're right though.

But it's the special recipe that dates back to the 1700s when the pilgrims distilled the very first batch of bourbon on the Mayflower with George Washington in a secret spot in the Kentucky mountains. It even says so on the label of every "small batch" bourbon.

But it's the special recipe that dates back to the 1700s when the pilgrims distilled the very first batch of bourbon on the Mayflower with George Washington in a secret spot in the Kentucky mountains. It even says so on the label of every "small batch" bourbon.

Somewhere, an Ivy League marketing MBA is toiling away in a cubicle, trying to top that origin story.

Several somewheres, actually.

Im not a liquor drinker per say,will have the occasional shot with friends,(Tequila,be nice.) altough my Adult daughter and I did the tour at JD's distillery a couple years ago and now Im a fan of Sinatra select. Just cant find it anywhere.

Personally I’m a fan of some local made stuff. 13 colonies rye is very good. Fiddler is also very good. Both run about $30-35. For the pricier stuff, I like whistlepig 12 or 10 year. Though honestly it seems like a waste to me to spend that much. Never had Blanton’s or Angel envy. I personally don’t care for bullet.

Back
Top Bottom