• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blantons whiskey($200) and angels envy ($600) bourbon is trash

My favorite these days.

13990639108126.png

Who pays $200 for Blanton's....I have never paid over $250 for bottle of bourbon, and the bottle I paid $249 for was Pappy Van Winkle 23.....But then again that was in 2005/06. I actually like the 20 year, and it was $100 cheaper. Bourbon had a better return than the stock market if you got in early...lol

My favorite these days.

13990639108126.png
Pretty bottle and I am sure its good, but call me an old fashioned bourbon snob...I wish there was a rule that if you didn't distill it and age it yourself that its called something else.

All the new bottling from new brands that come from MGP in Indiana are crowding up the liquor store shelves!!!!

Pretty bottle and I am sure its good, but call me an old fashioned bourbon snob...I wish there was a rule that if you didn't distill it and age it yourself that its called something else.

All the new bottling from new brands that come from MGP in Indiana are crowding up the liquor store shelves!!!!
Don't they make Bulleit too?

Why is angels envy $600 in one post and $50 in another?
Cause I spend my limited income on ammo instead of expensive whiskey and...cause...well...I'm cheap :)
I don't see the value in a limited edition 2016 special cask version for 1,200 % markup.
I think $49.99 for the regular 2022 version is excessive.
I think the $45 I paid for the Eagle Rare is excessive and I don't believe it is worth double the cost of Bulleit which is where we started on this thread.

I don't drink bourbon, whisky, scotch, but I do like to smell them...
my brother in KY use'to bring me barrels to fab stuff out of and buffalo trace was the best smelling barrel.... even better than pappy...
I remember him telling me some process of squeezing the wood to gain a uniqueness... some small batch guys were enhancing their effervescent?
is that an old distiller story?

Back
Top Bottom