• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Block the serial number on posted for sale guns.

Yep. Law enforcement is the only one who have access to the stolen database. And they typically won't run it unless they have the actual gun in possession.

And even they can't look up the original owner, pretty much only the ATF can do that by doing a trace.

So some dummy, waits to report my gun stolen till after I post pictures of it clearly in my possession guess they'll just go to jail for filing a false police report.

Go for it.
You big mean man. You just took the wind out of the Fudd's sails.

At work, so not sure if it's been said, but I have heard of people hitting up companies with serial numbers for replacement/parts. So if you do end up needing something the company won't help you out as they already sent "you" something.

They are here. I was contacted by 1 of them. Asking about a sale I made and the buyer.

They are but I doubt they are going through randomly searching serial numbers which would be a misuse of NCIC and GCIC.

Not saying it’s not possible but I think they are looking for bigger fish to fry than stolen guns. Personally I wish at least licensed dealers could run checks for people but unfortunately the only way to know if your used gun is stolen is to have law enforcement run it for you.

At work, so not sure if it's been said, but I have heard of people hitting up companies with serial numbers for replacement/parts. So if you do end up needing something the company won't help you out as they already sent "you" something.
the-neighborhood-cedric-the-entertainer.gif

Back
Top Bottom