• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

bob stoops says sec defenses are overrated

Status
Not open for further replies.
bob stoops is over rated

I will agree Stoops is overrated. I believe he sports a sub .500 record, something like 40-50 (or something close to that) and is 1-2 in the Big Bowl game.

However to be fair, the SEC isn't the powerhouse conference it has been the last few years.

This year I think Bama is about the only true contender for the BCS title. I will still stick my neck out and say that the Ohio State Buckeyes will take it all. Urban Meyer had a powerhouse last year that went undefeated. With the majority of his starters returning this year and looking impressive, it's theirs to lose. JMHO

35 defensive players were drafted to the NFL this year. That number doesn't include those in the supplemental draft or those that didn't make it at all.

Enough said.

the SEC isn't the powerhouse conference it has been the last few years - Agreed

Bama is about the only true contender for the BCS title. I will still stick my neck out and say that the Ohio State Buckeyes will take it all - Look at either's schedule...weak

35 defensive players were drafted to the NFL this year. - This is the fault, where is the rotation?

Why would anyone be concerned about other teams in the conference outside of the one you support?

1 = GA (Home)
2 = SOUTHEASTERN Con..(Duty)
3 = if you wabt Conference homerism = the ghey...go to Tech...:pound:

and just in the spirit of "full disclosure"...
Never ONCE have you heard me say ..."Go GaytorS"...but I did go horse for three days supporting "SEC! SEC!"

Last edited:
I'm worried about georgia this season. I wasnt last years SEC championship game the way our offense is playing has me shaking in my boots...at least our defense is on the ball now. the D woke up since the first game.

really? when they gave up 41 pts to lsu? 30 pts to usc and 21 pts to north texas?

really? when they gave up 41 pts to lsu? 30 pts to usc and 21 pts to north texas?
Lsu has a solid offense the ground game is fairly absent but they can pull it out jarvis landry on the receiving doesnt miss. bulldogs offense is solid they developed a similar ground game to alabama but with only one good running back. notice how when gurley left the field UGA's rushing game crumbled. they have fairly decent receivers. LSU defense man handled UGA, but as far as Alabama offense goes we have trouble converting 3rd downs (even against unranked teams) the defense it looking 110%, but as far has moving the ball down field they have to improve. They need to continue this new no huddle offense and keep up the rushing with yeldon and drake you can win games with those two guys alone.

Being totally realistic I think LSU has the defense to stop alabama, and their Offense will match up well to the Crimson tide defense. I believe LSU should have won their last game...but there were some mistakes and some flags not thrown. I think LSU has the toughest schedule in the SEC but its still early to say.

Georgia Bulldogs have the talent they need to keep it consistant they muffed a few snaps and I believe 1 PAT aaron murray can be an unforgiving deadly QB under pressure. and He has the ability to hammer a defense hard. They are a huge contender for the SEC championship

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom