• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Brightest flashlights for under a $100. Not bulky big spotlights. Would rather have rechargeable than having to stuff 12 AA batteries in it.

What do you recommend and own?

I need something to light up the outdoors and the chicken coop.
https://intl-outdoor.com/emisar-d18.html These are absolutely awesome. Don't be confused by all the fake lumens on Amazon. Hank makes some bad ass lights. The D4S is also very good.
The D18 requires 3 18650 button top batteries that can pump out over 20 amps each.

Great in the winter to warm your hands.

Stay away from Olight
Olight is fine. They had someone get hurt using the absolute wrong battery in a light. I don't care if anyone wants to hate on them but don't do it just because reddit told you too.

I would NOT put olight on a firearm though, but they make some EXCELLENT hand held lights.

Also check out this bad boy. LH351D emitters, USB-C charging, 90 CRI, and battery bank. Great light for the money.

This has been a great little flashlight for me. It’s not rechargeable but only has 4 AAAs. It lights up like a spotlight though.

0260EEFF-3DFC-4253-88C0-056579BF7889.jpeg

Olight is fine. They had someone get hurt using the absolute wrong battery in a light. I don't care if anyone wants to hate on them but don't do it just because reddit told you too.

I would NOT put olight on a firearm though, but they make some EXCELLENT hand held lights.

Also check out this bad boy. LH351D emitters, USB-C charging, 90 CRI, and battery bank. Great light for the money.

Why would you not put one on a firearm?

Why would you not put one on a firearm?
I've warrantied 2, I have personally had 3 tape switches fail, and I personally lost confidence in mine. Also, I don't know if I have the stuff to prove it but I think there's a lot of parasitic draw on the Baldr lights. I like to pick them up and it work, not after you change the batteries or on the second click. Streamlight and Surefire are way too reliable and close in price for me to go with a few more lumens and way less reliability.

Now if I'm holding the light and just screwing around in the dark, I want all the lumens. Currently been carrying the M2R Pro, I think it has my favorite beam pattern and throw.

I just buy Streamlight anymore. I'm sure there are other good options but it just simplifies the process to limit my choices. I know it will probably do what I want at a reasonable price.

I've got an olight Baton3 (1,500 lumens, $70ish) and Seeker (4,200 lumens, $140ish) and I'm very happy with them. Both rechargeable, and I like the magnetic charging cord. Both have good lifespans, charge indicators, multiple light levels, and an intuitive process to switch between the levels.

They also go on sale fairly often...

Back
Top Bottom