• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Brunswick stew, pretty danged good!

Amen to that. My buddies wife has to have a written recipe for everything. I tell her to try it. You may screw some things up but you learn and get better at it. I travel a lot and eat at many restaurants. When I find a dish I really like I try to figure it out at home but put my twist on it. I'm usually successful.
I asked at Finchers BBQ one day about their potato salad. The cook said, "What do you think is in it?" I rattled off a list of ingredients that I thought I tasted and he got a surprised look on his face and said, "Wait one minute." He goes to the back and comes out with the label (much to my disappointment, I thought they made it there) to a prepared potato salad food service pack. He was laughing because I guessed several seasonings/ingredients that were in it.

devito shakin head nope.gif

looks good to me🍽️. Grew up eating Fresh Air. I try others as much as possible and have had the 'soup' version and the chunky squirrel stuff. I like it all(no sonnys though lol)
Nothing is more disappointing in a BBQ joint than ordering Brunswick stew and their interpretation of it is some sort of shyte version of Campbell's vegetable soup. Disgusting.

I always (with an excited face) ask the server if their stew has chunks of veggies in it that you can see and taste? When they usually smile back and tell me excitedly, "Yes! Yes it's very hearty!"

I say, "Good! I WON'T be ordering THAT!"

Back
Top Bottom