• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Brunswick stew, pretty danged good!

Brunswick STEW is not soup. It has corn & okra in it. It also has a thick consistency unlike soup that is watery.
Those of you who want to change the ingredients, then change them…..change them in what YOU make.
But please don’t say that it needs to be a certain way for everyone - depending on your taste or somebody else’s taste because you or they don’t like a certain ingredient.
These stews and dishes have been around and served longer than any of us have been alive. Some of them need to be kept the original ways they were intended, IMO.

This type of meat stew is called "hash" in the midlands of SC and they serve it on white rice.

Best I've had was at a place named "Antley's BBQ."
Antleys-Bar-B-Q-Hash-e1612992300217-852x1024.jpg
we had a place in stickbridge in the early 90s that served what they called hash style and looked like that. theirs was really minced fine and too tomatoey.

Brunswick STEW is not soup. It has corn & okra in it. It also has a thick consistency unlike soup that is watery.
Those of you who want to change the ingredients, then change them…..change them in what YOU make.
But please don’t say that it needs to be a certain way for everyone - depending on your taste or somebody else’s taste because you or they don’t like a certain ingredient.
These stews and dishes have been around and served longer than any of us have been alive. Some of them need to be kept the original ways they were intended, IMO.
I defy you to "find" an original Brunswick stew recipe.

I defy you to "find" an original Brunswick stew recipe.
idk if there is such a thing ! Lol
i just meant that they need to keep it the way they were originally intended according to whatever recipe that they were using . If that makes any sense ??
( Lately I have not made much sense due to mind erase with seizure thang going on ! Lol )

Back
Top Bottom