BS or no?

I have toured a few auto assembly plants. If some of you guys saw what they do to a brand new engine, you prob wouldn't buy a new car. LOL. Cold start, bounce it off the rev limiter for about 5 seconds a couple times, then burn out half way across the assembly line. I guess they figure if it's gonna blow, they want it to do it before it gets to the dealer. Also I was a tech at several dealerships and it's pretty much the same drill when techs do pre delivery inspections. I don't go around banging it off the rev limiter when I get a new car, I just drive them like I normally would.

IDK, I have driven Fords, particularly P/U's most of my adult life. I have a fairly new, 2015 F150 Lariat, Ecoboost and I did my 1st oil change at 7,500 miles. Had Mobil1 Full Synthetic with their Mobile Premium Oil Filter put in as I have for many years. I plan on going 10,000 miles between oil changes. I have had few if any problems from any F150 I have owned since 1996 models to current. I have used full synthetic for many years. One in particular went 190,000 miles before I sold it with no engine problems ever.

IDK, I have driven Fords, particularly P/U's most of my adult life. I have a fairly new, 2015 F150 Lariat, Ecoboost and I did my 1st oil change at 7,500 miles. Had Mobil1 Full Synthetic with their Mobile Premium Oil Filter put in as I have for many years. I plan on going 10,000 miles between oil changes. I have had few if any problems from any F150 I have owned since 1996 models to current. I have used full synthetic for many years. One in particular went 190,000 miles before I sold it with no engine problems ever.
I've put 6500 miles on mine with no oil change yet. Been on trips and drive it in sport mode (fast) through the city almost daily. Will do full synthetic in a week or so. I plan on 7500 to 8k miles every change.

My dealer also told me there was no engine break in and drive it like i stole it - just don't tow for the first 1000 miles.

I've been building engines since I was 12yo...the only engines that received any break-in time were flat tappet engines. We would run them through 30 minutes of rev cycles, change the oil, and hit he track. My motto has always been break'em in like your gonna drive'em and with the roller cam engines and fuel injection nowadays, that's never been more true.

I have toured a few auto assembly plants. If some of you guys saw what they do to a brand new engine, you prob wouldn't buy a new car. LOL. Cold start, bounce it off the rev limiter for about 5 seconds a couple times, then burn out half way across the assembly line. I guess they figure if it's gonna blow, they want it to do it before it gets to the dealer. Also I was a tech at several dealerships and it's pretty much the same drill when techs do pre delivery inspections. I don't go around banging it off the rev limiter when I get a new car, I just drive them like I normally would.

I've heard that. I knew 2 techs at a Chevy dealership (that went under) and they said they went balls to the wall for PDI's. Their theory was what the customer doesn't know won't hurt them and as long as the truck doesn't break during the PDI, the buyer can deal with any residual problems later.

And you guys are giving me anxiety with all this 6,500, 10,000 miles between oil changes thing.

I've heard that. I knew 2 techs at a Chevy dealership (that went under) and they said they went balls to the wall for PDI's. Their theory was what the customer doesn't know won't hurt them and as long as the truck doesn't break during the PDI, the buyer can deal with any residual problems later.

And you guys are giving me anxiety with all this 6,500, 10,000 miles between oil changes thing.

Relax man todays synthetic lubes and specialty filters aren't your grandaddys dino oil.
Most newer honda owners manuals reccomend 7500-10K

I guess you're talking about the F 150? Some good advice on here. Relax and just drive the damn thing. If it breaks, you'll have a warranty. I go at least 7500 miles between oil changes, but I'm in an F 250

Relax man todays synthetic lubes and specialty filters aren't your grandaddys dino oil.
Most newer honda owners manuals reccomend 7500-10K

Can't do it man, just can't. I'd rather drop a few extra bucks to make sure the oil is changed in 5k increments.

Everyone at work still gives me **** too, because every time I buy a used vehicle I almost immediately change out all the spark plugs and the fluids. My co-workers are always going "you know this isn't 1980, right? You probably don't need to do all that."

I only go 1,500 between changes on my Kawasakis. They say with full synthetic it only needs to be done every 3k, and unless you're racking up less than 3k in 2 or 3 years, the oil will be fine. That's such a foreign concept to me. I can't stand the thought of oil being in an engine for more than 6 months.

Back
Top Bottom