• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Building a Backyard Firepit

buttplate

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
97   0
Reaction score
I would like to build a fire pit using landscape blocks. Has anyone done this project with any success before? There are a bunch of videos on You Tube and I have watched several. They all seem to have different ideas and I am sure I will use the info I got from them but wanted to ask for some input from my ODT buddies. If you have any photos of your build and the finished project that would be great.

Along that same thought I am in need of landscape blocks so if anyone had a bunch on wants to share or cut me a deal that would be appreciated as well.

Thanks

They also have a couple kits as well but the dang opening in the top is just to small. I don't want to park a truck in the thing but would like for it to be large enough to have several people around it.

They also have a couple kits as well but the dang opening in the top is just to small. I don't want to park a truck in the thing but would like for it to be large enough to have several people around it.

Scale it out to make it a larger diameter. In other words, use more blocks.

Landscape blocks from Home Depot, stacked and glued with liquid nails. You can make it any size you want, I think mine is ~5' diameter. Then lined with fire brick using mortar, and spray painted with BBQ paint. I dug out a ring and poured in a concrete foundation, prior to building the pit. I intended to cap it with some nice natural stone, 5 years later, I gave up on that idea. Lining with fireplace brick is key, that landscape block with spall!

IMG_0524.JPG

IMG_0523.JPG

Back
Top Bottom