• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Burgers on the grill

11156330_10152959542358801_3529323652288047218_n.jpg

stream1.gifsoup.com_view_619776_friday_daaaamn_o.gif

Damn your eyes, GP. Now I have to make burgers like that.

But I do grill on a mid-high end gas grill. I know...heresy...but it does cook extremely well now that it is well seasoned. Agreed...forgot to mention that I do the indirect cooking on a lot of things (like brats especially). Never tried it on a burger...but sounds like it would be good, Do you need to rotate the burgers towards the heat side every so often?

Damn your eyes, GP. Now I have to make burgers like that.

But I do grill on a mid-high end gas grill. I know...heresy...but it does cook extremely well now that it is well seasoned. Agreed...forgot to mention that I do the indirect cooking on a lot of things (like brats especially). Never tried it on a burger...but sounds like it would be good, Do you need to rotate the burgers towards the heat side every so often?
Last time I cooked them I pretty much just left them alone once on there, but after a while the first few closest to the charcoal were cooking quicker so I did rotate them.

1 lb of 85/15 and about 1/4 lb of course ground bacon, mix well with some finely chopped onion, firm patties 3/4" thick by 6" across. Grill to your preferred doneness, top with cheddar and enjoy. I also like to cut onions 1/2" thick, use toothpics to hold together, toss in some olive oil and salt and grill along with the burger.

I always use one of these to start it with zero fluids. Just light some paper underneath and it takes right off.

www.virtualweberbullet.com_chimney_photos_chimney.jpg

Ditto. Using NO lighter fluid makes a huge difference in taste. That and throw in a few chunks of hickory or mesquite wood for smoky flavor. Can get big bags of the wood at Wal-Mart for a couple bucks.

Back
Top Bottom