• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buying Reloaded Ammo?

Talos

Default rank <3500 posts Lifetime Supporter
Hew many foe-men.
66   0
Reaction score
If an ODT individual was selling a firearm along with the ammo they reloaded, what stipulations would you require to feel safe shooting said ammo if you bought it?

I dont know. This is something to think about. I had a hot charge in a 38 I loaded the other day. I know I am careful but even then it was hot. I dont know how someone else controls their process

I dont know. This is something to think about. I had a hot charge in a 38 I loaded the other day. I know I am careful but even then it was hot. I dont know how someone else controls their process
Do you think the average reloader is more prone to mistakes than a reloading business like PNR or GA Arms?

Do you think the average reloader is more prone to mistakes than a reloading business like PNR or GA Arms?
I think someone who reloads commercially probably has more quality control and safety checks than the average guy in his garage. I dont know if "Bill" decided to drink a bud or smoke some bud before sitting down to reload with his kid playing bottle flip in the garage and got up to check the grill or answer the phone. I trust a company is automated and checked and verified. I may be way off

I have been loading as long as I remember. I was taught with my father when I was young and have loaded uncountable numbers of rounds.
All that being said, I do not load for anyone and nobody except my immediate family and maybe a couple real close friends shoot any of my reloads. That would be at the range with me too. I just don’t want the responsibility or any of the chance.
I have NEVER had a misfire, or anything drastic happen that was my fault….knock on wood, I wont. As long as I continue the way my father taught me and I do my routine, I am good.
Among the first things he said were to never load for anyone except your inner circle of family, never sell your loads. The responsibility is just too great. Their gun can malfunction and it will be your reloads fault. They could have a bolt of lightning hit them and it will be your fault, they could have a car crash on the way to and from the range and it will be on you.
I load for myself , to keep me shooting at a low enough cost that I can continue to enjoy my hobby. Plus I like to load. It’s part of the process. I cast as well. All these processes help me also understand ballistics to a finer degree I guess.

Happy shooting !

I would never shoot some one else's reloads again.
Cost me a 9mm barrel.
I made it a point a long time ago when I noticed all the reloader ammo out there for sale and decided that I'd never buy or shoot ammo that comes in a plastic baggie with a sticky label.

Back
Top Bottom