• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buying Reloaded Ammo?

I bought a bunch of 7mm08 reloads over 300. Im slowly tearing them down for components, trashing the powder. Ill reuse Primed brass and bullets

I've been reloading for years......I don't let anyone shoot my reloads but me.........I had one blowout a few years back. Had a weak sidewall in a 45 acp load. Blew the glock right out of my hands, went over the range rail, blew the mag out of the glock in pieces. Had flash burns all over my hands and a cut on my thumb from a piece of the mag. I'm the only one I reload for. Not worth the risk of hurting someone or their firearm.

I picked up a 45-70 years ago that came with about 80 rounds of "factory ammo". The ammo was loose and in a cigar box, but he said it was Remington. I took him for his word (won't make that mistake again) and bought the gun. After awhile I took the time to inspect the ammo and thought I should weigh them out to see what I can get from that. So I weighed them all and there were two very distinct lot's. One much heavier and one much lighter, same bullet weight & profile in all. You could tell by just shaking the two back to back. Not knowing if they used the same powder type in each I never trusted what was in them.

I sold the gun off with out ever shooting it and kept the ammo for safety reason, I don't want to be the guy that passed on a potential accident or put trust in the next guy to pass that info along to another buyer. If I ever get around to it I'll pull the powder and load it with something that I know will be safe, and that'll be for personal use only.

Absolutely not. Billy-Joe Jim Bob could stuff as much blue dot as that 9mm case could hold. I like my fingers and hands JUST the way they are. I would smile and be gracious and pull it down for components, and have a bon fire with the powder.

Bought a bunch of 9 mm from an Asian dude in newnan.. good price so I bought the whole lot from him.. hollow points.. he sold them as new ammo.. was even in correct boxes.. had em for awhile and decided I didn’t need em so I sold off a couple boxes.. guy that bought them called me a couple wks later.. they were really hot loads.. so I went and checked what I had left.. head stamps had numerous names as manufacturers.. I tossed what I ad left.. the guy who sold me the ammo will not answer me back after I pmd him and confronted him.. wish we could name names here but we can’t

Went out to my bench and found my casing of the 45 acp blow out I had in reference to my 1st post here......

Attachments

• image2 (5).jpeg
    image2 (5).jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 8
  • image1 (9).jpeg
    image1 (9).jpeg
    139.7 KB · Views: 8
  • image0 (11).jpeg
    image0 (11).jpeg
    125.3 KB · Views: 8
I've loaded off and on for 55 years now, started with a $10 mauser and a Lee 7x57 loader. I was to young to buy bullets but old enough to be sold components, go figure. Over the years lots of folks have asked me to reload for them, I've always offered to show them how instead. I can't think of but one who took me up on it.

Back
Top Bottom