• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Calhoun concealed carry license Times?

gunlover

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
38   0
Reaction score
Well its about that time for me. I have to go get my concealed carry license renewed, anything changed in the last 5 years? anyone know the turn around to get your license in your hand?

I'm assuming you are talking about getting a Georgia Weapons Carry License in Gordon County, Georgia? Since Calhoun, GA is in that county...........right?

It's hard to believe that in this day and age a GA Probate Court would not have a public use website, but in this case it seems to be true.

The last reported application for a GWCL on GeorgiaPacking.org claimed to have taken 9 days to issue the permit.

This should be a renewal for you, so you should not have to pay to have the fingerprinting done again. Should cost around $35.00

User Reported Processes

Type:

New Application Submitted: May. 11, 2013
Total Time Taken: 9 business days Total Payment: The application asked for SSN but stated it was op

Process:

Paid fee, showed drivers licence, answered questionnaire with about 15 items, signed documents, had photo taken, went home. Total time about 15 minutes.
Comments:

The staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. Great staff. Nothing negative about my experience at all.

Really? Less for renewal? Best news I've heard all day. Cobb County here. It took me about 10 days last time. Renewing next summer.

HB60 fixed this.............you know...........the "Guns Everywhere Bill" in 2014. :thumb:

Found In LexisNexis by searching for "16-11-129" or in the TOC under:

Title 16 - CRIMES AND OFFENSES
Chapter 11 - OFFENSES AGAINST PUBLIC ORDER AND SAFETY
Article 4 - DANGEROUS INSTRUMENTALITIES AND PRACTICES
Part 3 - CARRYING AND POSSESSION OF FIREARMS
The code sections are all Copyright © 2014 by The State of Georgia

O.C.G.A.§ 16-11-129
Weapons carry license; temporary renewal permit; mandamus

(b.1) Petitions for relief from certain licensing exceptions.

(c) Fingerprinting. Following completion of the application for a weapons carry license, the judge of the probate court shall require the applicant to proceed to an appropriate law enforcement agency in the county or to any vendor approved by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation for fingerprint submission services with the completed application so that such agency or vendor can capture the fingerprints of the applicant. The law enforcement agency shall be entitled to a fee of $5.00 from the applicant for its services in connection with fingerprinting and processing of an application. Fingerprinting shall not be required for applicants seeking temporary renewal licenses or renewal licenses.

Back
Top Bottom