• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

-Calling All LEO- Question: Got a Super Speeder today

21 over?....Pfftt....132 in a 55 cost me about $3k and my license for a while....thank you to the Mississippi state trooper who didnt haul my ass in...lol

txi7eyg5r6j31.png

Go to court. The officer might not show, and the ticket gets tossed. If he does show, ask to speak to the solicitor. They may work out a deal. And yes, you can plead nolo. Keeps the points off your license.
Plead not guilty and they subpoena the officer and set another court date. Been my experience

Did you ask to see the radar numbers?

Prove I am guilty mr occifer. Go to court and plead not guilty.
Every speeding ticket except for one, I've been asked if I want to see the radar and I've declined bc I knew I earned them.

On the one exception, he said he clocked me on I-16 in Metter (about 1.5 hours away from me) at 87mph when I know dang good and well I was doing roughly 76mph. I asked to see his radar 3 times and he never let me.

That's the only ticket I ever got that I REALLY wanted to fight in court but at the time I was a co-op for my job and in school and I couldn't afford to miss 1 or 2 days of class to drive to Metter.

I got a 21 over in a 65mph zone today, and received a Super Speeder citation from College Park Police. They got me on 85N close to the airport. I know I should have been paying attention to my speed around there....

Anyway I haven't had a speeding ticket in over 10 years when I was a youth. I have no record. I've heard I can go to court and plea No Lo or No Contest.. and they may reduce it? Someone I know said they got theirs thrown out which I thought was interesting. Wondering what y'all think I should do.

EDIT: I should also add, this was in a company vehicle

I don't know the cost of the ticket but I'm guessing around 400 bucks. I'd argue that money would be better spent on ammo ha!
Get a lawyer. Don’t waste your ONE Nolo plea on a stupid speeding ticket. You can beg the solicitor to reduce and help you with points. It may work, it may not.

I tried the same thing a couple of years ago in Athens. The traffic ADA offered to reduce the fine by $100 (which was nice) but I wanted the points reduced. She didn‘t budge on that.

Get a lawyer. Don’t waste your ONE Nolo plea on a stupid speeding ticket. You can beg the solicitor to reduce and help you with points. It may work, it may not.

I tried the same thing a couple of years ago in Athens. The traffic ADA offered to reduce the fine by $100 (which was nice) but I wanted the points reduced. She didn‘t budge on that.
Personally I agree. IMO, a lawyer is a sure thing. Going into it solo, maybe you get lucky, maybe you don't.

Plea not guilty and ask the officer to prove he clocked you and not the “guy that was passing you “ …. :becky:
Tell the judge that you were in a pack of several other cars and you weren’t driving at “THAT SAID RATE OF SPEED”
and you believe that the officer did not clock you . Tell them you were driving at 5mph over the posted speed limit and traveling with a couple of others ( at a safe distance of course ) and that you believe that the officer may have made a mistake on which one of the cars he clocked. If it was 55mph zone tell him you were doing 60.
It may work. :)

It's all about the money. Always has been and always will be. The state started the super speeder ticket addition to get a piece of the action. They should get rid of the super speeder and do what FL did, no fines for up to 5 mph over. All those little towns like Ellijay and East Ellijay that were writing for 3 over lost their revenue base.
If they were righting for three over that was after they already reduced it. Several decades ago Georgia became the hardest state to write tickets in in the nation. Part of that was no city or county can use a speed measuring devise to write a ticket under 10 miles an hour. State Patrol can write for 1 over, but most judges see that as hypocritical and still require the 10 over before they will fine.

OP go to court and ask the judge to reduce the speed. He will almost assuredly do so (just hope no argument with wifey that morning) but will charge the the same initial fine. It’s in the courts interest, as they have to share part of the fine with the state if they keep the speed and points high.

Ive been driving my whole life, and have had numerous tickets. I as I suggested for all but one ticket that I paid through the mail. Even several states away. Guess which one stayed on my record? The other ones never went against my license.

Back
Top Bottom