• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

-Calling All LEO- Question: Got a Super Speeder today

Plea not guilty and ask the officer to prove he clocked you and not the “guy that was passing you “ …. :becky:
Tell the judge that you were in a pack of several other cars and you weren’t driving at “THAT SAID RATE OF SPEED”
and you believe that the officer did not clock you . Tell them you were driving at 5mph over the posted speed limit and traveling with a couple of others ( at a safe distance of course ) and that you believe that the officer may have made a mistake on which one of the cars he clocked. If it was 55mph zone tell him you were doing 60.
It may work. :)
It won’t…

My advice as an insurance agent: hire a lawyer. Do your best to keep it off your mvr. Since it was a company vehicle, it could affect both your insurance premium and your employer's. I've seen it far too many times.

Pay the piper. Too bad the officer wouldn't do you a solid and lower the speed a few.

I got a super speeder in 2017 for 24 over (on I-75 in middle Ga no traffic-hit with lazer)

I just paid it (didn't have to go to court or anything) but wish I had got a lawyer. All said and done it was around $800 but that wasn't the problem that hurt. IIRC it was 4 points on my license and the state of Ga hit "suspend" on my license and immediately reinstated it. I don't know if that's standard procedure or was a slip up but it showed on my MVR. Your employer or future employer in my case saw that. So if you drive for a living its not good.

maybe others can chime in

If they were righting for three over that was after they already reduced it. Several decades ago Georgia became the hardest state to write tickets in in the nation. Part of that was no city or county can use a speed measuring devise to write a ticket under 10 miles an hour. State Patrol can write for 1 over, but most judges see that as hypocritical and still require the 10 over before they will fine.
Yup, I take advantage of this and go 5 over everywhere.

Reactions: GFB
Back
Top Bottom