• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

-Calling All LEO- Question: Got a Super Speeder today

Ticket isn't going to be the only cost. insurance will go up. Do yourself a favor and get a lawyer. In the long run it will save you money.
Yeah I’m not gunna get a lawyer. It’s not worth the cost. I know my insurance may go up some but it’ll come back down. I’m also gunna go to court and try and get it reduced or at least get the points taken off my record

pay cash? Do they prefer that?

And stand by for next one? Hell don't you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby!!!

I’m sure most places now accept a debit card by now.

Back when I got my first big boy ticket they only accepted cash and I specifically remember fronting a young woman around $200 cash to help pay her ticket and followed her to an ATM about 2 blocks over.

What I meant about standing by for the next ticket, that’s the super speeder ticket you’re going to get in the mailbox… I’m pretty sure it’s still $200 bucks

Every ticket I've had, go to court, talk to solicitor. Explain situation. Explain zero ****s about the money. Ask to save the points. Pay fine, save the points, keep the no lo in your back pocket for later. No lo can only be claimed once every so often.

The tickets aren't anything compared to your insurance rate that will go up 20% for 3 years. Car insurance is already way higher than it needs to be

I got a 21 over in a 65mph zone today, and received a Super Speeder citation from College Park Police. They got me on 85N close to the airport. I know I should have been paying attention to my speed around there....

Anyway I haven't had a speeding ticket in over 10 years when I was a youth. I have no record. I've heard I can go to court and plea No Lo or No Contest.. and they may reduce it? Someone I know said they got theirs thrown out which I thought was interesting. Wondering what y'all think I should do.

EDIT: I should also add, this was in a company vehicle

I don't know the cost of the ticket but I'm guessing around 400 bucks. I'd argue that money would be better spent on ammo ha!
To keep your insurance down, but the costs go up, get a good attorney. I speak from years of experience. I slow down now, but I used to have a heavy foot. That stretch of 85 is nothing but a small strip on 85 they patrol and use it as a revenue generator for College Park. Either way it costs, but you can minimize the impact of higher insurance costs for years.

I lawyered up for my own piece of mind but ymmv.

My ticket was going to be $360 plus the $200. Go to court and pay court fees on top of that, plus take off work, plus the drive to Forsyth. They'll probably take your plea and give you a new date to come back and do it all over again.

My lawyer was $750. I didn't have to do anything but answer some questions online and pay.

No court fees, fine was knocked down to $300, and no $200 Super Speeder fine.

Was worth it to me to ensure that it kept the points off my record.

Also of note, I had another ticket that I had already paid the fine for, from about 6 months earlier. My lawyer told me they could get that one taken off for me too.

****in traffic cops
The lazy bastards are never around when you need them (some fool driving crazy around you endangering others) and/or they simply won't get the slow morons out of the passing lane.

Any cop that tells you the fines are about increasing public safety is a lying sack of shyte.

The lazy bastards are never around when you need them (some fool driving crazy around you endangering others) and/or they simply won't get the slow morons out of the passing lane.

Any cop that tells you the fines are about increasing public safety is a lying sack of shyte.
It was light traffic. No one was on the road. So lame. I think I’m just gunna go to court on this one and plea no lo or maybe try and go talk to the solicitor beforehand. Although it’s in the cesspool of College Park so I don’t think I’d have much luck there but who knows.

Back
Top Bottom