• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can you legally carry on the job at non permissive workplace?

My sarcasm font button is sticking...apologies.

The "sovereign citizen" guys talk about "expatriating" themselves. Basically they do not see themselves as citizens of the country in which they live and only hold themselves to what they would see as common law. It's a whole thing...looney tunes, mostly. They claim to not have to pay taxes or basically follow any federal or state law. I was attempting to be humourous and in doing so, failed.

Ha Yeah i know about that but did not know if you were being serious and saying it is an issue of law and not just company policy

I am retired and was self employed for many years prior to that, so on the job control of any of my behaviors is a distant memory. The company I spent the largest part of my career with ran 24 hour restaurant operations. One of the locations in the area I managed was in a location that I wouldn't have visited if I didn't work there. My boss, during a visit to that location with me, which he always made in daylight hours, told me it was against company policy to carry a firearm but he would never ask the question nor allow anyone else to ask if I abided by that policy. He was probably the best boss I ever worked for and I appreciated his stand on that but with or without his tacit permission I would have carried. Jobs are replaceable.

I suspect it all revolves around what's in the contract you signed, and the employee handbook, (or equivalent).

If the company prohibits carry and you're caught, you may be subject to a disciplinary process that could result in termination.

Some companies don't even allow you to have a firearm or knife in your vehicle in their parking lot, Newell Rubbermaid comes to mind.

Lol, like employees follow that rule.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but back around 08 when Georgia Carry got so much passed it became illegal for employers to have such policies. They can prohibit carry in the building, but they have no right to restrict my right to protect myself on the way to and from work.

I worked at Home Depot at the time and the company had to ammend its "no weapons on property" policy after the law passed.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom